Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need Expert/Proshop advise >

Need Expert/Proshop advise

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Expert/Proshop advise

Old 02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Need Expert/Proshop advise

I bought a PSE Scorpion last October at the local PSE proshop. My question is should my arrow be this far above the burger button?(pic below) The rest is almost at the lowest setting now so I can't adjust that any further. I also have a problem with the HHA sight. I have very little adjustment in it. The setting in the pic(below) is for 20 yards. It is set at the top when it should be set closer to the bottom. This bow was set up by the proshop and I haven't made any adjustments of my own. I was told by the dealer that set it up that this was normal for this type of bow and that some of the Matthews are the same way. I just don't beleive that. Am I wrong? At this setup now I doubt I could shoot over 30 yards with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? Again there is no adjustment left hardly. The bow shoots good and I even killed my first deer(archery deer)with it in November, but I can't get this out of my head. Am I just being to picky?

Thanks

Pic 2

Old 02-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Need Expert/Proshop advise

You are right to be concerned. You and/or your bow/rest/sight/peep are set up incorrectly. As you know, it will shoot; but, the problems with the sightconcern me the most. It indicates that there are 'other' problems in the set-up. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:03 PM

I had the same trouble. I went back to the shop and redid my anchor. Changed the peep and kisser, and it was actually more comfortable afterwards. My sight pin moved back down where is should be as well.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Host of Hosts

Thanks guys. If the peep is too high and the draw length a bit too long could this be my trouble? Could a half inch in draw length make any difference in this matter?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any bow that dosen't fit you right leads to problems. Back in Oct. when you bought the bow the Pro shop was probibly at its busyest time. If you go back at this time of the year they can take more time with you. If they do not take care of this problem let them know you are not happy with them and that you will be sure to post it right here. You will be suprised how much clout this sight gets now from people in the business. Then find another place to do your business. Where ever you go make sure you are happy when you leave don't let them double talk you. It sounds like to me you have a problem with your peep placement which means you may need to change your anchor point but I take it you are a new shooter and now is the time tomake any changes to your shooting foarm before you get to set in your ways. One other thing, I belive your bow is a 2 cam model make sure that the timing of your cams are right, they should both turn over at the exact same millasecond if they don't no matter what you do it will never shoot right. I hope this helps you good luck Mike
Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have that sight, great sight. Anyway. I know the HHA's can be changed around to some extent, make sur the shop did not sell you a left hand model that has been reversed to work on your bow. Not sure if this is possible, but just a thought.

Shane
Old 02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Host of Hosts

Mike, I've shot on and off over the years, but I never really paid attention to alot of the setup. I have been shooting this bow constantly since the original setup and killed a deer with it last November. It was originally set up with a PSE mustang prong type rest, but has always had this sight. The prong rest was too high also. I'm going to go to a different prop shop this afternoon to see what they say. I'll let you know.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This bow was set up by the proshop
Id change that wording , "proshop", to yahoo
Find a reel proshop
Old 02-13-2006, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Any bow that dosen't fit you right leads to problems. Back in Oct. when you bought the bow the Pro shop was probibly at its busyest time. If you go back at this time of the year they can take more time with you. If they do not take care of this problem let them know you are not happy with them and that you will be sure to post it right here. You will be suprised how much clout this sight gets now from people in the business. Then find another place to do your business. Where ever you go make sure you are happy when you leave don't let them double talk you. It sounds like to me you have a problem with your peep placement which means you may need to change your anchor point but I take it you are a new shooter and now is the time tomake any changes to your shooting foarm before you get to set in your ways. One other thing, I belive your bow is a 2 cam model make sure that the timing of your cams are right, they should both turn over at the exact same millasecond if they don't no matter what you do it will never shoot right. I hope this helps you good luck Mike
I don't care how busy a shop is at any time of the year.With the prices of new bows these days you should never have to get servicelike that.I can't believe they let him walk out the doorwith the bow set up incorrectly.Some Pro Shop that is.I am glad i don't get service like that at my Pro shop.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Host of Hosts

Ok, I just returned from another dealer/proshop( those switchbacks are awesome) anyway. It turns out that my anchor point is too high on my facemaking my peep way lowand thus everthing else snowballed from there. Does that sound like a good place to start? The guy lowered the rest and adjusted the nocking point a bit and the bow shot a foot low. He also said my draw length was atleast an inch too long. I'm going to call the original dealer and find out if he has the right modules to get me set up properly.

Thanks Again