Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? on proshop

Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 PM

Default ? on proshop

I know that there is a course to learn everything about bows and shooting form. My question is how would you get into this course and how much does it cost? I was thinking of trying to start up a proshop and would really like to know everything there is to know before I take the plunge. I already know that there is really no good proshop around here however there is quite a few archery hunters who need a good place to go. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:52 PM

Default RE: ? on proshop

Attendance to one of Bernie Pellerite's courses would help you with learning and passing on proper form. It's costly, and you'd have to travel to where ever he is doing them. Unless you could get a local archery club to sponsor him coming to your area. You can find information about him thru the National Archery Association (N.A.A.) or National Field Archery Association (N.F.A.A.).

Easton and PSE, both, used to have courses you could attend to learn the mechanics of bows and other items. Maybe other manufacturers do too. I'd suggest at the very least, you consider what brands you want to carry, then contact that manufacturer about any workshops they have to teach about the intricasies of their own bows. Some things are basic, some aren't.

As you can see, it can be quite costly when you consider attending three or four workshops (usually at different areas of the country). But I believe the best of the best pro-shops make this effort.

Good luck in your endevours, and remember, customers will usually pay a little more for products if the service is top notch! Service, knowledge, and committment, is what brings customers back.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:14 PM
pup

Default RE: ? on proshop

I would also recomend bernies course. I just got back from his school and learned a ton.you wont be able to find information on him on the nfaa or the naa sites because he is no longer affiliated with them.(long story) Anyways i went to hi schoo i learned a ton about form and proper shooting and i am also now a certified advanced archery instructor.