Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Proshop

Old 03-14-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Your Proshop

I'm just wondering what ya'll think of your local proshop. I frequent 3 in my area and none of them really ever want to give me the time of day. And I can go into all three, ask a question, and get 3 different answers. And to top it off, I come here and hear stories of guys getting told all kind of crazy things from their proshop. Things like dropaways wont work on vft bows. Give me a break! I've learned infinitely more on these boards than I ever will at any proshop. Thanks to all that give valuable info on a daily basis. What do ya'll think? Is your proshop any better?
Old 03-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Default RE: Your Proshop

I hate mine. To become a member you have to pay $300.00 per year. Not only that but everything is overpriced, BIG TIME. A Tube of fletch glue that sells regularly for $6.99 at the local sporting goods store costs about $12.99 at the Pro Shop. They won't help you with problems over the phone, you HAVE to bring the bow in so they can charge you to work on it. It's closed Sundays and Mondays to members only. Most of the kids working there don't know squat about squat, they have to look everything up in books and manuals which takes forever, increasing your bill.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:45 PM

I've never heard of a proshop charging a membership fee! That is ridiculous. Who do they think they are? And people pay it?
Old 03-15-2004, 07:45 AM

And I can go into all three, ask a question, and get 3 different answers.
If you don't like that, you better not ask any here because you'll probably get 20 different answers.

With bow shops, it's just like anything else. You have to look for the good ones and that can take some time.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I go to a Pro shop in Saddle Brook and am treated very well. You should try to get to know the person taking care of you on a first name basis. This way he gets to know you and your bow. Also go there in the so called off season and you'll get more personal care. Don't wait till right before the season opens. I went in once to get some extra scent that I didn't need and the place was swamped,Turned around and left. And all I thought was glad I had every thing I needed and taken care of months before hand. Next time he saw me he commented on how people wait till the last minute. He had a guy come in the night before opener wanting arrows. Remember everyone out there will be glad to take your money, but only some are willing to earn it.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

It sounds like you folks have had some bad experiences. I do not blame you for having some of the feelings that you do. However, as Straightarrow mentioned, there are bad shops and good ones. I can think of at least 3 in my area that I would have no problem taking my bow to if I needed to get a repair done on it. However, there are also a few that I will not buy from not to mention take my bow there for work.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

To become a member you have to pay $300.00 per year.
After reading this I would never shop there again. I would tell the owner you are going to buy everything online just so you can cut his throat.
My local proshop is a good one. The owner bends over backwards to help you. He does not want to sell you a bow until you have shot it and every other bow in the shop that will fit you. I have spent just about $2,000 in his shop this year alone. I tell him his service keeps me coming back. I know I could buy things cheaper online. I know he will be there for me after the sale. I gladly pay extra for his top quality service.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:11 AM

I like mine, I work there
Old 03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

They couldnt get the "drop zone" fall away to work on my VFT samson .... and they tried and tried... went back to the quicktune, no problems.

shed
Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 AM

Swamp Dawg, I was actually going to ask the same question myself. I have only been to two in my area and they seem extremely snobbish. I spent quite a bit of money at one in 2003. I went back three times in about 2 months times for adjustments and they acted like they were going out of their way to make adjustments. Once, I couldn't even get them to help me! I walked around for about 10 minutes and no one even so much as acknowledged I was there. Needless to say, that was the last time I went there.[:@]

I would really like to know if anyone can recommend one in the DFW area that would really like to help fellow archers and not push them away? I don't want to name names on a public forum but if anyone would like to e-mail me that would be great. thanks

Quick Reply: Your Proshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.