Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New bow setup and WB question. >

New bow setup and WB question.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New bow setup and WB question.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default New bow setup and WB question.

Please, don't hammer the new guy, I'm learning as fast as I can.

First, I have a new PSE Bruin with a WB rest. My question is, does the off colored fletch go up or down?

And, in order to get the bow on target at 20 yards I had to push the sight (Trophy Ridge Flatliner) so far to the right that the sight ring is partially behind the riser. Is this a problem with the positioning of the rest?

Thanks for any help,
Bowflex
Old 02-11-2006, 08:47 AM

Default RE: New bow setup and WB question.

Don't matter with the WB. It could go up, down, left or right.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowflex

Please, don't hammer the new guy, I'm learning as fast as I can.

First, I have a new PSE Bruin with a WB rest. My question is, does the off colored fletch go up or down?

And, in order to get the bow on target at 20 yards I had to push the sight (Trophy Ridge Flatliner) so far to the right that the sight ring is partially behind the riser. Is this a problem with the positioning of the rest?

Thanks for any help,
Bowflex
The odd fletch should face up or to the outside of the bow.

Running the odd fletch through the bristles were the arrow sits would eventually wear a groove in those bristles and change the position of the arrow on the rest changing tuning.

The biscuit should fit loose around the arrow not tight.

The bow should be set at an even tiller.

The biscuit should be parallel to the bowstring not tipped forward or backward.

The arrow should be nocked at a 90degree angle to the bowstring.

The windage for the rest should be determined by grouptuning at 10-20-30-40yards at a vertical line. The correct spine arrow for the bow will hit the same vertical line at all distances while the incorrect spine arrow will not.

If you are shooting fingers the windage for the rest will probably be about 1/8 to the outside of the centerline of the bow for the bow to shoot its narrowest groups.

After the bow is shooting its narrowest groups move the sight to where the bow is shooting.

Good luck tuning!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 02-12-2006, 04:55 PM

The odd fletch goes up or to the side with the whisker biscuit.

You don't want it to wear a groove in the rest where the arrow sits.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 02-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

if its got black and brown wiskers you should always shoot cock feather up. your arrow,string and sight should be really really close to inline other wise your rest is not centered. if all thats in order then you riser just may be real thick and get in the way of the ring.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New bow setup and WB question. PSE related.

Well, I just got back from the range and now I am dumbfounded!

One of the bowsmiths was watching me shoot and noticed my setup was "a little on the long side". It turns out my 25" bow is actually a 29"!!!

Now, I am still a newbie in the archery world and bought my bow from a PSE Pro-Shop Dealer. Obviously the "bowsmith" that sold it to me doesn't have a clue. So, my guy ordered me a new module, I will go back to PSE when it is installed and see if they will do anything for me since the bow is clearly marked as a 25".
Also, this bow was a package deal including a whisker-bisquit and 4 carbon fiber arrows. The wisker-bisquit that was shipped with the bow is for aluminum arrows. The bowsmith sold me a new one for $14, should I gripe to PSE about this too?

I bought a PSE expecting a quality product that would be set up and serviced by a quality dealer. I go to the dealer I bought it from alot during the summer months for bait and tackle so I don't want to go there and complain. Besides, if they couldn't do it right the first time then why should I expect anything from them.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New bow setup and WB question. PSE related.

how tall are you? 25" is a very short draw legnth. my wife shoot that i think.