Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Head to Head test of Hoyt, Mathews & BowTech. >

Head to Head test of Hoyt, Mathews & BowTech.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Head to Head test of Hoyt, Mathews & BowTech.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:54 AM

Default RE: Head to Head test of Hoyt, Mathews & BowTech.

The new '06 Barracuda's from Mathews are awesome . My XT has stayed dead on spec since I bought it with thousands of shots through it and from going from inside the house to very cold hunting temperatures........and then back in the house. String/cables have not moved even as little as a 1/16th !

They are actually more stable than the WC string set I had on my Outback !!

To the thread starter............congrat's on the Tribute(very nice bow). I thought hard about one but personally ended up liking the XT better(I think it's the best Mathews hunting bowever). I do thinkthe Tribute isthe best Bowtech that has been put out yet as far as a hunting bow also(so it makes for a good year for consumers IMO)!! Good luck with it and have fun shooting it!!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:13 AM

In regard to sales, I would guess that PSE outsells most manufacturers because they sell online and through places like Cabela's, etc. The "Big Three" all are sold exclusively through dealers (although Hoyt and Bowtech sell Reflex and Diamond brands through Cabela's). For those of you who have seen "new" Hoyt Trykons for sale on eBay, beware...it says right on the back cover of the Hoyt catalog that purchasing a Hoyt online voids the warranty!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting your impressions based on your experiences while shopping for a bow. It certainly gives others like me some info, even if a new bow is not in the picture this year. It also gets quite entertaining when the fanboys of different brands start posting in favor of what they shoot. Almost hilarious at times. If the Tribute has "a ton of hand shock", and "kicks like a mule", I can only conclude that one shot from my Oregon Black Knight might send some of these "honest reviewers" to the emergency room of the local hospital.[8D]

IMHO, the bottom line is can you shoot the bow accurately and consistently? Is it quiet enough for hunting? How does it tune with broadheads? How does it shoot from "odd" positions? A bow that gives a positive answer to those questions should be good enough.