Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ross Archery?

Old 11-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ross Archery?

Has anyone shot these bows. I hear nothing negative about them. Alot of Mathews owners switching to them. There are no dealers up here that I know of.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Ross Archery?

I saw the Ross bows at the ATA show last year. They are a nice looking bow and I consider them to be along the lines of a Mathews MQ1 or Q2 series type of bow. There is a Mathews influence to the bows, they do look nice and draw smoothly. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be a great bow.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

TeeJay.......I see your from MN......I beleive all the SPORTMANS WAREHOUSES store have them...the one in St. Cloud has a bunch of Ross and Bowtech.I shot a few arrows through one. They look and feel about the same as a Bowtech.......not sure about the stats/perfomance.

they look like a good bow!

Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually everyone is comparing them to a Switchback.....I will not go into a Sprtsmans Wharehouse had 2 bad experences with them.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will try to help out. Let's see if this works.Long "boring" bow report.

Seems like the pics are no longer available, but still lots of info.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

While they might look similar to a Mathews, they aint a Mathews.
When you go to sell it later on, that's when you'll wish you bought a Mathews instead. Yes, they cost a lot (Mathew's), but your buying a quality bow that holds it re-sale valve down the road. Sort of like a Harley Davison motorcycle.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:53 AM

i remember jeffb having one for a while and he also said it wasn't a mathews. he said it was much better than a mathews (which i believe he had a switchback to shoot it side by side.) he also said the worksmanship and attention to detail was much better than mathews (and bowtech), and said it was the finest job of attention to detail he had seen on a production bow.

who cares about re-sale value, not me, i care about the bow i'm shooting. that's 2 threads you've said the same thing, hmmmmmm?

if i had one around here to shoot i'd definately check out the 37 for 3d.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:02 AM

Re-sale value has some importance if you expect to frequently update your bow. Mathews definately hold their value better than most. This is not because the bow is better, it's because of the demand for their product.

With new manufacturers, one has to worry about whether they'll stay in business. Lot's of bow manufacturers have gone out of business and more are sure to. It's a very competitive business with a few too many companies competing in a relatively small market. No warranty or service is of much value if the company doesn't exist. Companies that are selling many bows, are less likely to go out of business than an upstart or one that sells very few bows. On the other hand, a new company may offer enough to draw it's share of customers willing to take a small risk.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it certainly is a tricky situation. You may be taking a risk when buying a bow from a new company that may go out of business. Of course, that company may possibly be making the best bow on the market, and they could still go out of business if everyone is afraid to try the bows. Easy for me to be philosophical about this though. I just broke a tooth, and need a $700 crown job, which my insurance doesn't cover, so that is pretty much my new bow budget.[&:]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to shoot one this afternoon at a bow shop 30 miles from here. Now i hear they are coming out with a 31. That is the one I would be interested in