Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quik Spin Fletching >

Quik Spin Fletching

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quik Spin Fletching

Old 11-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quik Spin Fletching

I am kinda new to archery and have read a few articles on the QuikSpin fletchings by New Archery Products, so my questions are as follows... Does it matter if my arrow rotates more (similar to a rifle bullet)? if so why is that so important?
Thanks have a safe and enjoyable day
Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 AM

Default RE: Quik Spin Fletching

I use quickspin vanes...they are awesome they have the kicker which makes the arrow spin more. It tightend my groups i have fletched 6 arrow. So far they have preformed flawlessly.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 PM

i like them, they definatly do tighten your groups but areheavier than other vanes. it doesn't matter if the arrow spins morethan already if your groups are tight. but your groups will tighten up with these fletchings because they spin more and stay more stable.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:04 AM

Yup, the idea behind them is to spin the arrow more to stabilize it more. The more stable the arrow is, the more constistent your shots will be which means tighter groups.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hijack your thread but I also had a question. How do the Quick Spins perform going through a wisker bisquit? Does that little kicker they have on them have much of an affect?

Oh and to answer the orignal question the quicker an arrow spins the more stable it's flight is, resulting in having to purchase more nocks and fletchings. have a good day.

Thanks,
Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Slo-Pitch

Oh and to answer the orignal question the quicker an arrow spins the more stable it's flight is, resulting in having to purchase more nocks and fletchings.
What are you talking about? What does the stability of flight have to do with the need to purchase more knocks and fletchings?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:10 PM

I would assume you would need to buy more nocks and fletchings because you will be busting and tearing them with your tighter groups.

My question is why would someone no put as much helix as possible on their fletchings......Why are some straight?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: greenhead3

I would assume you would need to buy more nocks and fletchings because you will be busting and tearing them with your tighter groups.

My question is why would someone no put as much helix as possible on their fletchings......Why are some straight?
True...tighter groups mean cutting vanes and hitting nocks.....
If I were to hunt at longer distances....say 40-60 or more yards then
a helical fletch with stabilize the arrow and "ensure" a more "turbulance free" flight.....

Throw a dart with strait fletch 20 feet and one with helical...the one with heliclal will fly more true and have less side to side/up and down movement. You probalbly cant see it with the human eye, but it can be measured by the number of bullseyes each one throws. IMO a helical flethed arrrow willl bullseye more than a straight arrow...at longer distances....and even shorter distances...depending on wind and your form. Good hunting
Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread but I also had a question. How do the Quick Spins perform going through a wisker bisquit? Does that little kicker they have on them have much of an affect?
from what i hear they don't perform very well through a whisker bisquite but you can't quote me on that cause i have no experience from shooting them through one.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

i shoot helically fletched blazers and feathers. i've got a buddy that likes a very slight offset because the arrow flies much quieter. he's right, but he shoots a lot slower than i do and the extra noise doesn't bother me.

Quick Reply: Quik Spin Fletching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.