Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 To All Whisker Biscuit Owners..... >

To All Whisker Biscuit Owners.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

To All Whisker Biscuit Owners.....

Old 11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Site Bouncer

Default To All Whisker Biscuit Owners.....

I strongly recommened (if you haven't already) use a biscuit that has the hole one size larger than the arrow you shoot. I know the instructions tell you to use an opening that leaves some space around the arrow but I'm talking about even slightly larger than what it tells you to use.

I got a new bow well, found it in the garbage (see my "one mans garbage" thread on thebowhunting forum) and I set it up with a Whisker Biscuit of course. When I bought it I got the large size. The one for both carbon and alum. arrows. It was slightly larger than the biscuits I have used in the past but it was the only size they had and I didn't want to run around town since I was already at my pro shop/range. So Idecided to see how it would work. I set the bow to even tiller and 90deg nock, squared the rest to the riser and set the center shot.

Well right off the bat I noticed not only aquieter draw through the rest but the bow was also whisper quiet to shoot. Nowit couldbethe bow but I highly doubt it. It's far from a "top of the line" model.It's a 2005 Browning Rage One with only string chubbs and a Doinker on it, that's it! I had it sighted in,and was shooting 1 1/2in groups with filed points and my Montecs in no time.

I also bought a dozen arrows (same as I always shoot) Beman ISC 340 Camo Hunters with standard cheap fletchings. I shot for about 2 hours, I would guess well over 100 shots and the fletchings still looked brand new. There will be no need for me to switch to Flex fletch or Vane Techs for this bow.

The only thing I can think of is the slightly larger opening I went with. This rest was great before but I tell ya, it's friggin awesome now! If you haven't tried it yet you need to.The replacement biscuitsareonly about $15.00 so you don't have much to loose, but it can make a great rest even better! I am going to switch out the biscuits on all of my other bows, no doubt!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Default RE: To All Whisker Biscuit Owners.....

Sounds like you have a winner there. "Note to self".........Go dumpster diving tomorrow.