Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit

Old 02-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default whisker biscuit

I was thinking about this rest cause i shoot a bow with a 61/2 inch brace height. How forgiving is the wb rest?

Old 02-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuit

I have found the WB to be as accurate as any other rest. The key is to choose your fletching carefuly and tune the bow well. As for the most forgiving type of rest with a shorter brace height bow, I would go with a quality drop away style like the Muzzy Zero effect. I am currently shooting WB rests on three differnt bows, all with good results. Brace heights range from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2".

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-02-2003, 07:56 AM

I just saw the new drop in whisker bisquit last night and it looks awsome.... i have to wait though because the dealer said they are making a conversion type thing so you can put the drop in whisker bisquit on my regular whisker bisquit. cant wait. the WB is awsome
Old 02-02-2003, 11:07 AM

I have shot a WB since they first came out 3 years ago or so and have had no probs except that with feathers it seems to fray them so I switched to vanes and no probs. I like the fact that it will not fall off the rest. I have hunted in cold rainey weather and had no probs either.

Why am I sittin here on this stupid PC when I could be huntin'
Old 02-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's the simplicity that I like. Now worrying about fletching contact throwing the arrow off.
I'm sure if I shot competition I'd be using something else, but for plain old 30 yard max deer hunting it get's my vote. I've spooked more than one animal (deer and hog) with the arrow bouncing off the rest for one reason or another, not anymore.
Match the bisquit with a savage pendulumn sight and it makes for a great treestand bow. Darn near takes most of the worries out of conecting the arrow to the kill zone.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:32 AM

I have a bow with a 6 1/8" BH and just picked up WB at Wal-Mart on after season clearance for $20 . Just thought I'd try it and with in a few minutes I had it paper tuned/shooting a perfect hole.Then I shot about 9 (10x) in a row on a vegas target at 20 yrds. That is good enough for me !! I don't know about a drop in WB , but I do know you can loosen the disk ,spin it around to about 11 o'clock,it already has a notch cut out-cut another notch below that one a little bigger than your arrow,tighten everything up and you have a rest that is as easy as any to drop an arrow into from the side !!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:53 PM

Ok, now for my 2c, I think it sucks! I know now all you WB fans are going to jump but I found that it is very hard on fletchings and a bear to tune. Considering I can install a TM type and get it to fly right but the WB was a pain to get tuned and after 10 shots started doing some nasty things to my fletchings. Just my Opinion.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:02 AM

If we all agreed, there'd only be one sight, one rest, one braodhead, etc, on the market.
I just put a biscuit on and couldn't be happier shooting ICS camo hunters. I tuned it in a matter of minutes, and see absolutely no loss of accuracy. We'll see how it does with my vanes over time, but I increased my drawlength a little, so I'll be buying the correct arrows soon, and make sure I get the correct vanes.
Great rest.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 02-05-2003, 12:10 PM

Thanks to the info on this board, I am going to be switching to a WB. I do however have a question. If I shoot carbons with internal componets, do I need to use the aluminum WB? The carbon one says for external componets. Just wondering. Thanks
Old 02-05-2003, 03:48 PM

I'm using the WB for aluminums with my Beman ICS Hunter 340 carbons and it works great for me. When I was originally looking around for a rest, all of the people I trust told me to get the aluminum biscuit instead of the carbon biscuit, even if I was shooting those carbon arrows.