Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away rest and arrow flight >

Drop away rest and arrow flight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away rest and arrow flight

Old 11-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Drop away rest and arrow flight

I bought a drop away rest, Saturday (switched from whisker biscuit). I got it dialed in as far as sighting....it's really good. I didn't notice until I shot in the light of day (I initially sighted in my 20 yd pin at an indoor range)....that my arrows are "wobbling" to one side as they leave the bow. The end results are WONDERFUL....but I know this can't be a good thing.

Any suggestions? I am a first yr bowhunter/archer....and I switched from the WB because it was so noisy (I'm getting CLOSE to deer!!). I love the rest.....due to it being so stealth....and I know this is likely an easy fix.

Thanks, in advance, for you responses.

Sincerely

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 01:53 PM

Default RE: Drop away rest and arrow flight

Sounds like you have to dial in that rest a bit more...Left or Right. Have you paper tuned it? Go here and check out the ins and out of paper tuning that
bow. http://thunder.prohosting.com/~mfoster/archery/tunning.html Watch your form, and especially your grip. Good luck to ya.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Drop away rest and arrow flight

It was paper tuned, first thing. It was dead nuts, which doesn't make sense, to me.

After paper tuning....we moved the sights....but I'm not sure if that would affect it. I guess it would be pretty easy to find out, huh????

Thanks for the advice.

jeff