Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-14-2005, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

I haven't read every single post here but I will add my input as long as no one yells at me. I have seen the WB work well on many many bows, but it dosn't like my bow. I have had it in 3 pro shops and worked on it myself with not success. Its really hard on my fletching and won't paper tune to bullet holes. I shot a bow with aQAD ultra rest and loved it, that is what I will go with next year. I really like the WB because of no moving parts, really simple and the arrow containment but it just dosn't get along with my bow. So I will say bye bye next year.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Cannonball

I haven't read every single post here but I will add my input as long as no one yells at me. I have seen the WB work well on many many bows, but it dosn't like my bow. I have had it in 3 pro shops and worked on it myself with not success. Its really hard on my fletching and won't paper tune to bullet holes. I shot a bow with a NAP ultra rest and loved it, that is what I will go with next year. I really like the WB because of no moving parts, really simple and the arrow containment but it just dosn't get along with my bow. So I will say bye bye next year.
ditto! Mine wouldn't shoot bullet holes either so I got the NAP Quicktune 2000 dropaway. Mine wouldnt tear my fletches up though. I loved the fact it fully contains an arrow. Its whatever works for you.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Wow. What a thread. I can't keep up. Well, here's my confession. I shot a Bodoodle Pro and it is a fine rest. Thought about a drop away but went with a WB instead. At first I thought I had screwed up. Kept adjusting until I got it shooting right. Put a new string/cable on not too long ago and reset everything all over. Shot 3 robinhoods within a week. I does seem to make plastic vanes wavy, which isn't that big of a deal. With the 3 rb's I was down to 2 good arrows so I bought a dozen xx78's and fletched them with 4" helical feathers. The feathers are holding up incredibly well. I love my WB. I may someday try a drop away but right now I'm quite happy with the WB. I also remember reading somewhere somebody wrote something up trying to explain that, while normal fletching contact had adverse effects on arrow flight, the fletching contact through a WB was different as all vanes were contacted more evenly and thus acted as to straighten the arrow out. Maybe somebody saw this also. I don't remember exactly what it said but something along those lines. Moot point I suppose. I like mine.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't read every single post here but I will add my input as long as no one yells at me. I have seen the WB work well on many many bows, but it dosn't like my bow. I have had it in 3 pro shops and worked on it myself with not success. Its really hard on my fletching and won't paper tune to bullet holes. I shot a bow with a NAP ultra rest and loved it, that is what I will go with next year. I really like the WB because of no moving parts, really simple and the arrow containment but it just dosn't get along with my bow. So I will say bye bye next year.
I promise I wont yell at you.Just thought I'd give you some advice as long as you already invested some $$ in the WB.
Aside from the old bows with the deflex riser and no cut out shelf , I've never come accross a compound bow itself that couldn't be tuned to shoot a WB. Nine times out of ten it'snot the bows fault , it's the arrow shooting through the biscuit. If your arrow is leaving your string like a wet noodle as it passes through your biscuit you'll always have fletching damage. If you want to give it an honest shot I'd suggest trying different arrow spines. I don't know a thing about your setup but I'd be willing to bet a heavier spined arrow will start showing results imediately ,on your fletchings and paper tuning.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:29 PM

had a wisker biscuit,,, didnt like it. Got a Nap dropaway now,,, love it.......other then that, im stayin out of this thread LOL
Old 10-15-2005, 08:02 PM

I shoot a Mathews feathermax @ 70 pound pull, 29 inch draw, ATA is correct, BH is correct, Idler lean is correct and shooting Gold Tip 55/75 carbon arrows. This bow will not shoot bullet holes with the WB. I may try Blazer vanes, but I should not have to.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just can understand the reasoning behind this rest. One of the first thing I check when setting up my or a friends bow is rest interference. With this rest your inserting interference the entire length of the arrow. The helical of the fletching and the length of each fletching as it contacts the WB can not be consistent shot to shot.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews feathermax @ 70 pound pull, 29 inch draw, ATA is correct, BH is correct, Idler lean is correct and shooting Gold Tip 55/75 carbon arrows. This bow will not shoot bullet holes with the WB. I may try Blazer vanes, but I should not have to.
Your definately under spined! The problem is your arrow , not your bow.
I've tried the 5575's out of my last 4 bows and they were too weak for all of them. I also shoot a 29" draw and I only set my bows up to 63lbs. My current bow is the Mathews Icon set at 63lbs. The Icon is considered slow , especially compared to the Feathermax , and my 5575's are still too weak.
My arrows are cut at 29 1/4" , so if you have room to shorten your arrows and stiffen the spine I'd suggest trying that first. If you want to try new arrows I've found the Goldtip 7595's or the Beman ICS 340's to be much much better.

And as for what you said about trying different vanes and "should not have to" , you are incorrect. A person definately has to try different arrow combinations in the tuning proccess.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The helical of the fletching and the length of each fletching as it contacts the WB can not be consistent shot to shot.
With the correct spined arrows and well tuned bow , it most certainly can and is consistant from shot to shot. That is the brilliance of the Whisker Biscuit! All three fletches will contact the biscuit the same way on every shot.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

The helical of the fletching and the length of each fletching as it contacts the WB can not be consistent shot to shot.
With the correct spined arrows and well tuned bow , it most certainly can and is consistant from shot to shot. That is the brilliance of the Whisker Biscuit! All three fletches will contact the biscuit the same way on every shot.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt a correctly spined arrow suppose to bend as it leaves the bow ?

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.