Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

You people sometimes argue for the stupidest s@#%.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: dynatec

I personally don't care who likes a wb ,who uses a wb and who doesn,t.I'm just here to say the Zero effect is just that.Not connect by strings but a ridget arm, connected to cables which when drawn would break any ice build up.no moving parts just pevoit points.It seems to me none of you know anyone who shoots one,but it's only a matter of time before you all have one[8D]
A whisker Biscuit has no moving parts.......last time I checked a pivot was a moving part.....good rest though, Zero Effect that is. But for hunting I have to go with the Biscuit.

It's the one thing I know for sure will work on my bow...LOL. I have used it in the wet, heat, rain, cold, it never changes.

I too like to have my bow on my lap with my hand on the handle when in a tree stand. It is much easier for me to justraisethe bowup and draw than to reach for it either on a hook or in a mount of some sort. No wasted or unwanted movement is needed because it's right there in my hand the whole time.

I don't have to keep my finger on the arrow and if I draw and let down, I don't have to secure the arrow againor "reset" anything.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:03 AM

A flame war on a wisker biscut, how funny.

I just started shooting I had a prong rest, dropped 3 out of 5 arrows or more. Couldn't hit nothing. After doing some research, I went to local Pro shop, talk to him for about an hour about rests, never mentioned that I was dropping arrows. I saw the drop aways, and the WB. He could of bilked me for way more on a drop away, some were 130, the WB was 50 bucks. I told him I am strickly a hunter, don't do 3d tourneys or anything. He recommended that I go with the WB. Put it on and tuned it, it shoots great, I shoot 50+ arrows a day or every other day at the range. No problems yet with fletchings or anything. I may at some point do a drop away, because I would like to try helical fletches, but the WB is a good rest, pretty accurate from what I can tell and I like it.

If it works for you then what others say should make no difference.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:38 AM

I would think its a lot more than 2fps, a simple nock is 2 fps, a peep sight is 3-5 fps. i would think it's more like 10fps slower.
Well, you would think wrong.

I shoot a strong helical with feathers, through mine and when crono'd, it looses 4-5 fps. With straight fletch, it is 1-2 fps on my set-up. It does vary with how the biscuit is set-up. For the best results, the hole for the arrow must be large enough and the biscuit must be perpendicular to the arrow.

I've tested biscuits that I've modified many ways. I've trimmed the back, cut notches for the fletch to pass through and widened the arrow hole to various degrees. Interestingly, when I cut notches and trimmed the back the arrow speed averaged 1 fps faster than when using a two prong rest.

Let me say that without doubt, when properly set up, speed loss in not an issue with the WB. I'm sure there are a few speed merchants who do anythng to eek out an extra foot per second, regardless of the effect on shooting accuracy, but for all practical purposes a couple fps has no effect on anything important in archery or hunting.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

God I love my new Whisker Bisquit!!!!!!!!!!![:-]
Old 10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is great!!!!
WhenI replaced my prong rest with my WB and put it on my Nova S4, I had a hard time getting it tuned wiht the sights I was using. I adjusted sights and rest and still wasnt shooting very accurate. I changed my sights (Which i was going to do anyway), $50.00 Cobra Easy Slide
single pin sight, still couldnt get the thing to shoot fer sh**. This was all done at a reprable pro shop, which is now closed down, not to poor business, Dave is one of the besttechs I know and ran a very repuable business,but because of a fire. After the fire, I began going to my local proshop. When I took my bow in for new servicings,I explained to Mike the issues I was having. He said hed check it over, and that he did!!! He put new servicings on the bow $30.00, put an Ultra Noc on per request $8.00, adjusted Peep $0.00, cleaned limb pockets, $3.00, put new leaches on (cant remember how much), placed two speed buttons on $2.00, new kisser button$.89When i went back the next day, he had me shoot a couple arrows. I have never shot as tight as a group and as accurate as that with any rest, sight, accessory, or bow in the 15 years I have been hunting. Mike knew what was causing the issue and he fixed it. I have no feather ware, no noise, and am dead on up to 35 yards. I proved thisfact to mybrother whomI got into bowhuntingby taking out a life saver at 25 yards with a field tip. he also shoots a WB as well as a couple other guys that hunt with us, we have been very successful using the WB, does that make us a bunch of Klutzs, no, we just know whats out there and try before we buy. I have never seen a more stable and accurate rest in my life, and I have triedI will say close to 30 different rests. The WB in MY OPINION (dont want to start another argument with Z and the other guy), is by far ONE of the best rests on the market today. OnceI had my bow tuned upproperly, its a one shot killing machine, and thats how it will stay. Now I suppose hes going to gang up on all us PSE shooters. Sure my bow didnt cost me $600-$1000 like some others, but you know what, I dont care, Its a great bow, accurate, light, adn fits me well. Sure its not a 300fps bow, but speed is nothing as long as your accurate, its the shot that counts. I suppose they are going to bash us who use Ultra Nocs as well. Be my guest!

PSE Nova S4 67# 28 Inch -$300.00
Cobra Easy Slide - $50.00
WB rest- $40.00
Easton 2315 30 Inch -$120.00 A dozen
Tru Fire glove style release - $45.00
Ultra Noc - $8.00
Total Cost: $560.00

Knowing the buck of a life time will come along and you know its going to go down with in 50 yards....Priceless.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TroopA

You people sometimes argue for the stupidest s@#%.
DO NOT![8D]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

but it's only a matter of time before you all have one
This is not likely to come true for me, no matter how much you think it will, because I am very, no make that, VERY HAPPY with my WB! Thanks anyways!!!

So, ya gotta admit that if there is a pivot point, there is movement!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

The Whisker biscuit is an awsome rest especially if your a stand/climber hunter it's nice to get up in your climber screw in your bow holder, nock an arrow set it on your bow holder sit down and have it all at the ready, ready to go without having to worry about that arrow ever falling off that rest or making some kind of noise with an arrow thumping or jumping off a conventionalprong rest.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 PM

I will admit that it pivots like a door hinge, you ever ware one of those out? The only problem I'm having is when shooting the bag I'm smashing off my nocks.I'll also say the wb is the very best containment rest out there if thats what your concerned with. Sorry for the messup with the quote, I'll have to work on that

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.