Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep sight and kisser button? >

peep sight and kisser button?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep sight and kisser button?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM

Default peep sight and kisser button?

I was wondering if it is a good idea to have a peep and kisser button. The guy at the bow shop said you didn't need a kisser with a peep but it seems like you would be more consistent in your locking position if you had one.

Does anybody have both? what's the pros and cons?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: peep sight and kisser button?

I have both but I'm not sure both are needed. I have pondered taking the kisser button off.

I can only look thru my peep sight from one location. The kisser button just seems to be a backup.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its'a ll a matter of preference and practice. I have had a kisser on my bow with the peep and took it off. It's just one more piece of plastic on the string to slow it down. I have been shooting now for 32 years and shooting all year round, to the tune of maybe 10,000 shots a year, established very consistent shooting form. So all I use is a peep. In fact my anchor is consistent enough that I get very good accuracy even without the peep, but I do need some assurance in my aiming so I use it.

You have to try one or both and see what your personal needs are. Again, shooting constantly, working on form, improves your form and consistency. Gadgets only reinforce how you feel in the field.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:49 AM

Yep, I agree. One or the other having both just adds more weight to your string. I know a few that use both, my best friend does. I just can't get him to take it off.

You could go one better and use a No Peep and take them both off.

And remember if you use a kisser button you have to use it properly. It can't just touch the corner of your mouth. Your mouth moves and is not a consitant anchor. It needs to touch a tooth or something solid.

I prefer to touch the string to my nose, let the string touch the corner of my mouth (where a kisser would be I guess) and be aware of where the arrow contacts my face. For me it is between my my bottom lip and my chin.

Paul
Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 AM

I have both but I have been thinking about taking off the kisser.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:40 AM

The kisser serves a different purpose than the peep. The peep aligns your eye to the right level. However, it does not determine the distance of the peep from your eye. Moving the sight pin in or out from your eye will change the point of impact. A peep will not automatically prevent you from doing this. You can use other anchors to get the eye-to-peep distance the same each time, but the kisser will also help do this.

I don't use a peep or a kisser, but I have spent a lot of time choosing and practicing anchor points that are easy for me to repeat.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use a peep or a kisser, but I have spent a lot of time choosing and practicing anchor points that are easy for me to repeat.
Ditto!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use both. I have no problems what so ever.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use both, I just feel more comfortable that way.