Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Kisser Button and Peep ??? >

Kisser Button and Peep ???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kisser Button and Peep ???

Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Kisser Button and Peep ???

I'm having trouble getting my bow sighted insoI have to relocate my anchor point. To do this I think Ihave to getrid of my kisser button and only use a peep sight. Just wondering if anyone only uses only one or the other, and what the advantages/dissadvantages are. Any info will help.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Kisser Button and Peep ???

Yes, if you use one you don't need the other IMO. Your eye will automatically center on the peep anyway. I use the webbing between my thumb and forefinger to place right in the corner of my jaw as my second anchor point. This has worked out well for me.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 AM

Nice, I'll give that second anchor point a try and see if it helps solve my problem.
Thanks man.......
Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

No problem good luck and good hunting.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll chime in here. I used a peep for some time and kept having problems with it i.e. it turning and not being in the right place. Call me weird, but I can't have anything be questionable when a big mature buck gives me a shot. This was the primary reason for me ditching my drop away and going with the WB. Trust me, I have no regrets about doing that and with 0 failures I'm happy.

I am about to get a kisser button to replace my peep. In the mean time I take my right index knuckle and place it behind my ear for an anchor point and I am on target. Good luck in whatever you do.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I am about to get a kisser button to replace my peep. In the mean time I take my right index knuckle and place it behind my ear for an anchor point and I am on target. Good luck in whatever you do.
Sounds like your draw length is too long. But, if you shoot well with it I guess thats fine.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use both, cant really go wrong with both.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:19 AM

Wanna bet. I have seen plenty of people using both that would shoot better with one or the other. If neither one is set up correctly it will wreak havoc on your shooting. With proper form you simply don't need both.

Paul
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Sounds like your draw length is too long. But, if you shoot well with it I guess thats fine.
So should the third knuckle (the point of attachment to the hand) be the knuckle underneath your ear lobe?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I had a pro shop set up my bow and teach me the anchoring technique. The guy that taught me this and set up my bow has won several shooting awards. Put it like this, when I had my bow adjusted and added this new technique I became much more accurate. Just curious, but where do you guys anchor??

Quick Reply: Kisser Button and Peep ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.