Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kisser Button

Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Kisser Button

Upon the advice of a pro shop rep, I decided to try a kisser button. The angle is a little severe on my shorter bows, but on the longer Hoyt it works great. More consistent anchor point. I did, however, do a before/after chronographing - this little button cost me 5 fps! It doesn't weigh much - must be a little air resistance thing on the string.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kisser Button

I'm a firm believer in the kisser, the more referance points the better!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 PM

A kisser really takes that much speed away? I have a kisser along with a whisker bisquit on mine, since I just started shooting. How much does a bisquit take away?
Old 03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you develop a good anchor,the kisser will cost you accuracy.Look how big they are.I can't believe a shop would ever reccomend one.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Kissers are a good thing. I wouldn't shoot without one. Same point of reference ever pull = accuracy. At a cost of 5fps....that is fine with me.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:00 PM

I think his explanation was centered around oneadditional point of reference. Eye looking down the center of the peep, string on the tip of the nose, thumb under the jaw with bone to bone contact, and the kisser button. Sounded like it might be overkill to me at the time, but it was an inexpensive and easily reversable try. On my shorter bows, for some reason, the increased angle of the string makes the kisser button feel awkward. On the Hoyt it is a keeper.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The string should come across the corner of the mouth regardless if there is a kisser or not,the string is much smaller so there is less room for error without a kisser.

If you don't use a peep or hindsight,then I would say they are a must but with either of these,they are in the way.

There is a reason you RARELY see a kisser on a target shooters bow.

OH WELL,to each their own.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Spike

Try a trufire cushion button they are small,light wt maybe cost you about 1.5 fps. Doen't use the brass nock that comes with them they
have to be tied on so not to add wieght.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

5fps??? man how big of one did ya put on? Im shooting a kisser, peep and wb and only lost a total of 8fps.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 AM

It's about the size of shirt button and has a little brass ring that locks it in place. I should have weighed it first - but it's extremely light. I did the chronographing with the same arrow on the same day. And fired several shots each way - they tend to be within 1 fps of each other out of this bow.

Quick Reply: Kisser Button

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.