Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kisser button?

Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Default kisser button?

i was thinking of getting a kisser button this year for my bow. i didnt have one this last year and i was fine but is the upgrade worth it or should i not even bother?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: kisser button?

A kisser is nothing more than another check point of your ancor point. If you are inconsistant with your ancor point then install one.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't use one but I see their benefit. As Rick said, another anchor check point. If you go without a peep it would be a definite plus. If you have a hard time with your anchor or finding a solid memory point for your release hand it would help. If you have a hard time keeping your head at the same angle on longer shots or doing it the same, it would help. It would make you align the same every time, .... almost.[&:]
Old 01-03-2007, 05:54 PM

And it doesn't have to be used as a kisser either. It can be used very effectively as a nose button.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 PM

I used one last year as a nose button as Len described and actually liked better that way.Iwas able "feel" it better on my nose than against my lips while wearing facemasks.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not, I am actually going to add a kisser button back onto my indoor rig this year. I saw this weekend a setup using an eliminator button with tied in nock points above and below on George Ryals indoor setup and think it is a fantastic idea.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use a kisser button. But, as Len stated, I do use a form of a "nose" button. Instead of crimping on a kisser, I simply find the mark where my nose hits the string, then I wrap serving thread in on the spot till I can feel it good with my nose. The tip of your nose is very sensitive so you don't have any issue finding it with your nose, especially with a face mask on and your nose sticking out. Also, its less weight on the string.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 PM

i shot 1 year without one and was fine, the next year i put one on and i didn't notice much difference, but i feel more confident shooting with it.

drhoyt
Old 01-03-2007, 07:18 PM

It's all about confidence
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used one for a long time , i now use a peep and still use the kb just out of old practices.
Dan

Quick Reply: kisser button?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.