Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazer placement on arrow?? >

Blazer placement on arrow??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer placement on arrow??

Old 09-18-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Blazer placement on arrow??

I just recieved my new Bitz and a couplepacks ofBlazer vanes. Iinstalled them on a few arrows and they do flyquietly.I am usingXX78SS and I was wondering whereyou install the Blazer vanesin relation to the nock. Does it matter if the vanes are forward or reward more. I have'nt found any literature on the subject. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer placement on arrow??

I've always put the back end of my blazers where the back end of all my other fletchings would be. Seems to me that having them further back would allow them to steer the arrow better than if you put them in a more forward position!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here. I took an arrow that was already fletched and put it in my jig and put a mark on my clamp to show where the back of the vane was located. I now use that mark regardless of what I'm fletching. (vanes, Blazers, feathers, etc.)
Old 09-19-2005, 08:45 AM

I think the farther back you put them, the better they will stablize the arrow. Just don't get too carried away. I think mine are about a 1/2" from the nock. You might have to try one and then draw it back to see if the Blazers hit your lips or not and then move them forward if they do.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

I am trying them, Blazers, as we speak. Being a die hard feather fan, I am trying them because a Bohning rep gave me a couple of packs

Like above, I fletched mine starting at the same mark I always fletched my feathers. If you are like me, I get used to the fletching touching my face in the same place, which helps with head orientation (I don't use a peep). So, starting them at the same place on the arrow kept things the same.

On a side note, the Bitz was a great choice. I tried fletching the Blazers on a helical JoJan and they just would not get good contact. I could get them on there, but they weren't all that pretty and some wanted to come loose. I borrowed my buddy's Bitz with right helical clamp and they stick really good and make good contact for the length of the vane. No coming off now.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the answers guys. I thought putting the Blazers back a little father would help but wanted your opinions. I have little hash marks on my Bitz and I used the third one from the bottom. Afterward, I wondered if I would have had better flight if I would move them back to the first mark. It seems like everyone is in agreement that would be fine. Thanks for the compliment Winger. Your right, the Bitz with the Right Helical does a very good job.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:07 PM

i have put them on 2doz of my arroes and the vanes are set back as far in my bitzenburger clamp as i can get them. also i have put a slight off-set to the right. the blazers are the 2in kind and fly real good with my feild tip or my slicktrick,magnus stinger85gr. good luck hunting. jim
Old 09-22-2005, 10:44 PM

Thanks again. I also used my Bitz with a right helical and put them all the was back to the first indicator mark. I fletched up a 1/2 dozen the other night and they fly very good. I think I will still use feathers this year for hunting. I like the Blazers but I want to shoot them a lot more before I put enough trust in them to send them thru a whitetail.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:09 AM

Can u put on blazers using the Arizona EZ Flethc?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can u put on blazers using the Arizona EZ Flethc?
YES