Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WB Rest and Finger Release Question >

WB Rest and Finger Release Question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WB Rest and Finger Release Question

Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default WB Rest and Finger Release Question

I bought a WB and installed on my Mathews Ovation and proceded to paper tune it(w/feathers and fingers release). I was getting a tear to right (if my memory serves me) and the options were to move rest to the left (RH), increase draw weight, or increase arrow head weight. I kept moving the rest left it helped some and then started to get worse again so I backed it up, then turned the limb bolts down a couple of turns. The paper tear was minimal. It shoots nice from 15-20 yards. However if I try a 30yd shot it's very unconsistant, or at least less consistant to a flipper rest I used before. It rattles my confidance in the rest. My questions is it because I'm shooting fingers with a WB, or are other factors present - like maybe I should try a 125 grain point rather than the 100's I'm using now. Currently I'm shooting 340 axis at 30". Any opinions would sure be helpful. I am considering going back to my flipper rest, but opener is on Sat. sudden changes this close to the season makes me want to panic...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Default RE: WB Rest and Finger Release Question

The Whisker Buiscut is most likely what is causing the problems. There was a post a few weeks ago about this. The flipper rest would most likely fix your problem.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM

i dunno what to tell ya..i use a flipper rest and i think they work great..but ive also heard good things about wb's..im not sure if its different for a guy that uses fingers instead of a release..im sure it would be so id say just go with what works best for you and how u feel most comfortable with..
Old 09-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I couldn't paper tune with a whisker buscuit, but I still use mine and love it... It can freeze up in the winter with some moisture on it. But at 35 yards I can hold a three inch group, and that makes me happy.

You are going to get as many that like the wb as you are that hate it... It is still the number one selling arrow rest on the market.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Here is what the CAP web site said about shooting the WB with fingers. It makes some sense with my left tear on paper tuning. I think I'll mess around with the paper some more. I might be getting some torq in there as well - its been hot the last few days and my hands were sticky with sweat. Just a thought

"Will the Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest ® work with fingers?
Yes. The Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest T works well with fingers. When paper tuning a bow for finger shooting, the shooter must keep in mind that the normal tear shows nock-left for right hand shooters and nock-right for left hand shooters. It is possible to tune a bow with this rest on it to shoot a bullet hole using fingers, but you may notice that the arrow angles to the right of the centerline of the bow, and thus it will shoot to the right (for a right hand shooter)."
Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quit wasting your time with paper tuning and bare shaft tune instead. Paper tuning for fingers shooters is like wiping before you poop.

All you gotta do is watch this video to see why.

http://www.wernerbeiter.com/videos/Demo_3.mpg

Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM

I would set the bow at an even tiller and nock the arrow at 90degrees to the bowstring.

The windage for the rest will be correct when the arrow all hit the same vertical line at all distances.

I would predict the rest would be about 1/8" to the outside of the centerline of the bow for a fingershooter to shoot the narrowest groups.

Correct spine arrows will hit the same verical line at all distances and incorrect spine arrow will not.

Good luck tuning!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

I down loaded the Easton tuning guide, used up all me ink printing it. Its cool stuff. I'll try that bare shaft tuning you guys are all raving about.

Note Arther: I'll also make sure I wash my hands when I'm done. I don't want to get any poop on my bow
Old 09-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a plan. [8D]
Old 09-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with bigbuck on the flipper or a magnetic rest like the Oakie or Terry, with a good cushion plunger. With fingers you will get a kick from the string when released. I do not recommend paper tuning, but if you insist, your tear should be high left, about 1/4" for a right hand shooter. Oh and Arthur P, you have a way with words.