HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WB Rest and Finger Release Question
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
deertale
Fork Horn

Default WB Rest and Finger Release Question

I bought a WB and installed on my Mathews Ovation and proceded to paper tune it(w/feathers and fingers release). I was getting a tear to right (if my memory serves me) and the options were to move rest to the left (RH), increase draw weight, or increase arrow head weight. I kept moving the rest left it helped some and then started to get worse again so I backed it up, then turned the limb bolts down a couple of turns. The paper tear was minimal. It shoots nice from 15-20 yards. However if I try a 30yd shot it's very unconsistant, or at least less consistant to a flipper rest I used before. It rattles my confidance in the rest. My questions is it because I'm shooting fingers with a WB, or are other factors present - like maybe I should try a 125 grain point rather than the 100's I'm using now. Currently I'm shooting 340 axis at 30". Any opinions would sure be helpful. I am considering going back to my flipper rest, but opener is on Sat. sudden changes this close to the season makes me want to panic...