Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Finger Release >

Bowtech Finger Release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Finger Release

Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech Finger Release

Hi
I am new to this forum, and from New Zealand, after searching the web this forum seems a good place to ask a few questions about Bowtech bows.

I am looking to upgrade my old bow (PSE Fireflight Express 70-80# @ 29) that I have had for over 15 years.

I will be using my bow for bowhunting only. everything from rabbits to pigs, and deer, with the possibility of a trip to Australia to hunt water buffalo in the future or with a new contact possibly even Africa for Cape Buffs!

I prefer to use finger release and I don't use sights.

I like the look of Bowtech bows and they seem to get good reviews, and they are something a little different here, which I like. (70% of the bows seem to be Hoyt)
There is only one Bowtech dealer here in NZ and he is an 8 hr drive away so going to try out all the bows I am interested in is not a great option, so I would prefer to get it right first time.

My options are;

82nd Airborne: Fast as hell and very sexy looking.

07 Guardian: A bit funny looking, but I can get one at a good price and it is available in 80lb which is required if I get the chance to hunt dangerous game in Africa.

06 or 08 Constitution: long ATA (good for finger release), and can get the 06 at a very good price and it does not seem too different from the new model.

So on with the questions.

Has anyone shot the 82nd or the Guardian using finger release?
(I realise they are a bit on the short side, but I like the idea of the extra speed.)

Is there much difference between the 06 and the 08 Constitution?
(this is my most likely choice, going with my head rather than my heart)

Is the speed difference between all these bows likely to make much differrence out in the field?

Thanks and sorry for the huge post.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Finger Release

There is quite a difference in the '08 Constitution verses the '06, mainly the riser which is beautifully done. That would be my first choice for a finger shootin' bow. It will have plenty of speed for hunting andalso be very forgiving with it's 8 inch brace height.