Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
whisker buiscuit accurate?? >

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Old 10-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: whisker buiscuit accurate??

I am doing the same as bent arrow. I use the alum. biscuit now to shoot carbons through and I get good flight and when I draw my bow its absolutely quiet. With the carbon biscuit on it made a pretty good scraping type noise. I was going to switch to a fall away, but I just love the bicsuit so much for hunting that I cant switch. My fletchings are getting beat up over time, but that is one of the reasons I like bow hunting. Its a very interactive sport between you and your equipment. Refletching is not a chore, its part of my hobby.

Old 10-07-2002, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

Straightarrow-

If the WB was funnel-shaped, I could see the possiblity of it helping accuracy, but only to a point. My question on them is that every time you shoot through the whiskers, it's like shooting through a flat wall, and they will move differently, and without them "funnelling" down to a point in an attempt to further stabilize and arrow I feel that they may have issues to contend with. I do not like to run my arrows through ANYTHING other than air on their way to the target, just adds more possibilities of screwing something up. Have any of you guys tried them in super-cold conditions? Have you found any variations in flight do to this? Heat/cold in my mind will affect the whiskers and thus the shot also, because the flexibility of the whiskers will thus be different. I shot one in the shop, and after just one shot and seeing the vanes and the way it operated, I put it in the "annex" and do not offer them to customers. Last thing I need is for them to come in complaining that I sell equipment that ruins vanes, or something that affects accuracy. If my fears are unwarranted, please let me know and give me thoughts and reasons why everyone thinks I am being a bit harsh on this product, and I'll take a closer look. Thanks. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Old 10-07-2002, 06:42 AM

Pinwheel,

Last year was the first hunting season I had my WB on my bow. The coldest I shot it, was about 10 degrees. I noticed no difference, but then again, my biscuit has the back trimmed and notches cut in it.

By not offering it in your shop, I think you are missing out on helping customers who will prefer it over other rests styles. I have bowhunted for 32 years and this is the best hunting rest I've ever used. I personally know only 4 others using this rest, but each of them has the same opinion that I do. Do not be concerned about accuracy. If the bow is tuned properly, shooting the correct spine, the arrows will fly fine. As for damaging fletching, you and the customer have to be willing to fletch or re-fletch your arrows properly or put up with a little extra vane damage. I'll bet I've shot well over a thousand shots on a single arrow with no damage at all.

I think if you tell your customers in advance, that the biscuit may need some trimming and the arrows may need to be fletched with different vanes, then you should have few complaints.

Part of a rest's performance is how it handles the arrow when you are not shooting. The WB absolutely excels in this area and it's a very important aspect for most hunters.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the thoughts, Straightarrow, I'll have to dig it out of the "annex" and put it through some testing, seeing as alot of people think they are worthwhile. I'll let you in on the results after I get to it. (hunting season right now!) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Old 10-07-2002, 01:50 PM
CG

Especially if you spot and stalk, there is no better hunting rest.

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"