HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whisker buiscuit accurate??
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 06:42 AM
Straightarrow

Default RE: whisker buiscuit accurate??

Pinwheel,

Last year was the first hunting season I had my WB on my bow. The coldest I shot it, was about 10 degrees. I noticed no difference, but then again, my biscuit has the back trimmed and notches cut in it.

By not offering it in your shop, I think you are missing out on helping customers who will prefer it over other rests styles. I have bowhunted for 32 years and this is the best hunting rest I've ever used. I personally know only 4 others using this rest, but each of them has the same opinion that I do. Do not be concerned about accuracy. If the bow is tuned properly, shooting the correct spine, the arrows will fly fine. As for damaging fletching, you and the customer have to be willing to fletch or re-fletch your arrows properly or put up with a little extra vane damage. I'll bet I've shot well over a thousand shots on a single arrow with no damage at all.

I think if you tell your customers in advance, that the biscuit may need some trimming and the arrows may need to be fletched with different vanes, then you should have few complaints.

Part of a rest's performance is how it handles the arrow when you are not shooting. The WB absolutely excels in this area and it's a very important aspect for most hunters.