Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ATTN:  All Bowtech Shooters ~ See this >

ATTN: All Bowtech Shooters ~ See this

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATTN: All Bowtech Shooters ~ See this

Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 PM

Default ATTN: All Bowtech Shooters ~ See this

Just wanted to let ya'll in on a little experience I had the other day that could potentially ruin a hunt of a lifetime.

I was just target shooting, so it wasn't that big a deal, but make sure you always know where the cable hush kit silencers are positioned before you draw your bow. Somehow, the bottom one on my bow had slid down pretty close to the bottom cam and I did not notice it. Well, as you might have guessed, I drew back and the string instantly rolled off the cam throwing my arrow a few feet forward. Luckily, I had a portable press handy to fix it. No damage done to the bow that I can see, but I could not help but think how mad I had been if drawing back on that buck of a lifetime! Anyway, just something to keep an eye on.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 PM

Default RE: ATTN: All Bowtech Shooters ~ See this

Good to know! But then again, I don't use the factory hush kit anyway.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the advice. I can see where it would come in handy in some situations. Glad to see everything worked out alright in the end.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good info. I took mine off ( string ones ) and replaced them with an STS.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:39 AM

My silencers on the limbs of my bow started sliding down gradually to the cam, I noticed it and everything. Something I'd like to warn everyone about is my cable guard boom was actally coming out and was bent over so everytime I shot an arrow my fletching would hit the other cables, causing my arrows to fly very strangely to say the least. It was a quick fix, but it could ruin things pretty fast.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the info. It always helps to know what to look for even its not a current problem. I have a 2004 Patriot SC. My friend has the exact bow and the c-clips on the cams shattered. Hasn'thappened tomine yet, but I do pay attention. Still asweet shootin' bow.

[hr]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:45 PM

One of many reasons whyI sold both of mine and bought a Mathews.It might be a tad bit slower but I feel more confident in it and thats what counts for me anyways
Old 08-21-2005, 05:29 AM

Thanks for the post. Will watch for this. I have ownedfour bowtech bows in the last 3 years. I have owned 2 of them 3 years, one for twoyears and one for 1 year. Would not ever think about changing. In that time I have had two friends that have had limbs blow up ontheir matthews. Realizing thatthings do happen and this could happen to anyone, I do not want to jinx myself, and say that thiswould never happenwith Bowtech.