Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech shooters >

BowTech shooters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech shooters

Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Default BowTech shooters

I want every BowTech shooter's opinion on what is their favorite BowTech bow and why. I have only owned one bow, so I am not as experienced in the type of bows they haveto offer.

I have a BowTech Equalizer because its light-weight, quiet, and fast with my light poundage.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: BowTech shooters

I was shooting a Mathews SB.....and loved it. I shot a friend's Allegiance.....and it had everything the SB had.......only FASTER.

So....I bought one (I also had a home for my SB.....with my son). I shot the other Bowtech models before making my purchase.....and liked the Ally the most (It had more to offer ME).
Old 03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 04 Liberty80...because of how smooth/effortlessit is to shoot...even with 80lb limbs..pulls like 70...quiet and plenty fast..
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to have ya aboard, AnnaMarie!

Jeff (GMMAT) hinted at the correct answer when he emphasized "to me." When I work our Factory Demo booths, I'm often hit with similar questions when people come up for the first time; I hear things like "What's your best bow?" The answer, of course, is "It depends."

What are you looking for? Do prefer speed over smoothness? Or vice versa? Does abolutely having the quietest, most shock-free shooting experience imaginable excite you? Or would you like to shoot one pin out to 30 yards? Have you ever had shoulder surgery, or are you concerned with keeping FROM shoulder surgery? Do you want the most stable platform offered (usually translated into longer axle-to-axle lengths), or are you looking for a highly maneuverable treestand-type bow? Does the capability of switching from smooth mods to speed mods and back again all with the same bow intrigue you?

Only when you work through your list of criteria of what's important to you will you be able to focus in on one particular model -- and then, I'd obviously suggest shooting several after that.

Your Equalizer is in my mind one of the best bows Bowtech makes, especially for shorter-draw, smaller-framed archers. From a pure bowhunting perspective, it's hard to beat -- depending on what's important to you.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have had a patriot, a black knight 2, a mighty mite and an allegiance. My BK2 was difficult to shoot because of the short brace height and useless to hunt with for the same reason. The allegiance was hard to paper tune; it required a wrist position adjustment, but I do love it. My mighty mite is fuuuunnnn to shoot, but was noisy, untill I put an sts on it. The patriot was over 4 lbs, so I wasn't interested in it... until I shot it. It was the best bow I have ever owned, before or since. Smooth, reliable and deadly quiet. I recently sold it to a local kid with the bowhunting fire in his heart. I wanted to get him off on the right track!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:37 AM

well since ive only owned the 05 liberty vft, id have to say that one. i really like it because it is very smooth and it is not hard to pull back at all. i have it set at 64# and my buddy has an 03 bowtech (not sure on the model) that is set at 65# and mine is much easier to pull back.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM

I haven't shot a Bowtech yet that is better then my 2003 Patriot.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had an 03 Patriot, an 04 Patriot Dually, and an 05 Allegiance which I still have. I could not shoot the 03 Patriot to save my life. There are a ton of guys like Atlas that swear by them, but I could not shoot it and developed horrible target panic with that bow. I also do not like the draw force curve of single cams and have since switched back exclusively to dual cam bows. The 04 Patriot was crazy fast with the BK2 cams, but you paid for it in the draw. After the draw it was a nice shooter. The Allegiance has a nice smooth draw, but it is fast so there is a build in the draw curve. So far it is my favorite Bowtech bow and I shoot it very well for my abilities. I can hit a CD with consistency at 70 yards, which is very good for me.

I have tried the 06 and 07 Allegiances and the Guardian. The 06 and 07 Allegiance with the smooth mod is a dream to draw. The 06 was not different enough to drop the money on. The 07 is very nice and I love the new grip, but the lighter riser yields a little more hand shock, which to me is a step backward. The Guardian is a sweet shooter that is dead in the hand and whisper quiet, but the draw is very stiff and feels heavier than what it is. That is no good for me.

So, I'm still with my 05 Allegiance until further notice. I hope this helped.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

without a doubt I'm loving my tribute more than any other bowtech I've owned. I will say however, that when I had my Liberty, I loved it. The liberty is still without a doubt what I'd want for a back-up, and I've still never once shot anything that drew smoother. I loved that Liberty. I haven't had a chance to shoot the guardian or commander, but I've heard they're unbeleivable. Once I get a chance to shoot them I'll know. My two cents! Oh and by the way the equalizer is an awesome bow for those smaller framed archers....got a couple friends who own them and they absolutely love 'em. So i'd say....Nice Choice!

Tim
Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Thats a tough one, I have loved at the BowTech's that I have owned, my 03 MightyMite was short, compact, light, and blazing fast. It was a pleasure to carry in and out of the woods. My 04 Liberty was one of the smoothest drawing bows that I have owned and to me, it was the bow that catapulted BowTech from being a very good bow company straight to the top. It may not have had the speed that the others did but it was just fun to shoot. My 05 Alley was smooth, fast, and very accurate and compact. My 06 Old Glory that I have right now is my favorite BowTech that I have owned. It is very fast while still being a longer/more stable bow. I am shooting more accurately with this bow than any other bow that I have shot.

With that being said, I have also shot the Ex-VFT, Patriot, Patriot Dually, Black Knight II, Justice, Tribute, Pro 40 wheely, Pro 40 Dually, Independance, Mighty Mite VFT, Miranda (my ex-girlfriends)and the Guardian. I may have shot others but I just don't remember. To me, each bow was a pleasure to shoot for its own reasons. I just enjoy shooting bows, I could shoot a oldBear Whitetail Hunter and find something aboutit that I enjoy. I still want to try out the 07 Commander as it is one of the very few BowTechs that I havn't shot over the years and its going to be my deciding factor as to wether or not I get a new bow this year. As it is, my Old Glory is going to sticking with me for another season, which speaks wonders of this bow as I have bought new bows for the past 7 years straight.[8D]

Quick Reply: BowTech shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.