Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit? >

4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM

Default 4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

Anyone shooting arrows fletched with four blazers through a whisker biscuit? I'm not sure if they will fly differently since it seems that one fletch would not be making contact with the whiskers. If you have any experience with this set up, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Rob
Old 07-20-2005, 11:00 PM

Default RE: 4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

thats how i have mine set up and i have no problem with them and i have good clearence
no complaints here with the four vane setup.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is currently my setup as well. Works great
Old 07-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like 4 vanes will work! I might just try that, but the 3 vane cionfiguration is working good so far, what are the added benefits of the extra vane? More broadhead guidenceI assume?

I've got another WB question, just how much trimming am I gonna have to do before the "clap of thunder" (the sound my blazers make when passing through the B2) goes away?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 AM

i use the wb and have yet to have any slap with the blazers goingn thru my wb. i have not trimmed any of it either.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I could say the same. It very well may be a tuning issue, but when I shoot a bare shaft through mine the shot is a lot quieter. With a fletched shaft there is a "slap" going on. My broadhead groups are good (under 2" at 30 yards), but who knows. WhenI torque my bow (on purpose) just enough to make the inner circle of the no-peep go to one side the noise seems to be reduced, but that could just bemy wishful thinking. Looks like I need to tweak some more (or possibly leave well enough alone!)
My patriot is very quiet and this is the noise that stands out, ifI remove this one, there will be another[8D],until they are all gone = (impossible).
Old 07-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Sounds like 4 vanes will work! I might just try that, but the 3 vane cionfiguration is working good so far, what are the added benefits of the extra vane? More broadhead guidenceI assume?

I've got another WB question, just how much trimming am I gonna have to do before the "clap of thunder" (the sound my blazers make when passing through the B2) goes away?
Dave

I haven't had the "clap of thunder" with my Blazers through my biscuit. Are you sure your Blazers aren't hitting the outside ring?
Can you play around with some different arrows fletched with the Blazers to see if they all make "the clap" sound? Maybe a heavier spine? I've found that heavier spined arrows are much easier to tune through the biscuit , to eliminate fletching contact with the outer ring , which is probably the number one cause of rippled and worn vanes.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the lipstick test more than once and there doesn't appear to be any left on the mounting bar, only the bristles. I paper tuned before fine tuning and had bullet holes from 6' to 30 yards. I've tried different arrows and am currently tuned to shoot 28.5" BemanICS 340's at 66#, 29" draw (probably one the stiff side of things).I also shoot Easton 400's and they provide the same noise.
I slid a Duravaned fletched arrowthrough there and the noise was different. Not so much a quieter noise, but different. (impact was spot on)

WhenI switched from the drop zone to the biscuit the noise increase was instantaneously noticable. I thought it was the STS slap I've read so many complain about untilI flew a bare shaft through the biscuit. My sweet little puff of air sound returned.

It could be that my bow is so quietI am hearing this above what is normally near silence (for instance- while shooting at a pro shop a couple of weeks ago, the owner shooting a decked out switchback standing next to me stopped shooting and said "damn that's a quiet bow", and proceeded to ask me about the STS he had never seen before)

OR could it be the amount of helical my blazers or sporting? The are fletched with a regular right fletch arizona EZ fletch.

I would think it's a arrow brushing one side of the bristles more than the other, but at 30 yards my bare shaft is pretty darn close to my fletched shafts.

I'm starting to wonder if there is movement between the outer retaining ring of the disc, and the disc itself. Hmm..... anybody ever fool with that??
Old 07-25-2005, 02:05 PM

I just started using the biscuit with the blazers and I haven't noticed any extra noise. It's quieter then the Trophy taker that I was using so I'm happy with that.