HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 4 Blazers through a Whisker Biscuit?

I've used the lipstick test more than once and there doesn't appear to be any left on the mounting bar, only the bristles. I paper tuned before fine tuning and had bullet holes from 6' to 30 yards. I've tried different arrows and am currently tuned to shoot 28.5" BemanICS 340's at 66#, 29" draw (probably one the stiff side of things).I also shoot Easton 400's and they provide the same noise.
I slid a Duravaned fletched arrowthrough there and the noise was different. Not so much a quieter noise, but different. (impact was spot on)

WhenI switched from the drop zone to the biscuit the noise increase was instantaneously noticable. I thought it was the STS slap I've read so many complain about untilI flew a bare shaft through the biscuit. My sweet little puff of air sound returned.

It could be that my bow is so quietI am hearing this above what is normally near silence (for instance- while shooting at a pro shop a couple of weeks ago, the owner shooting a decked out switchback standing next to me stopped shooting and said "damn that's a quiet bow", and proceeded to ask me about the STS he had never seen before)

OR could it be the amount of helical my blazers or sporting? The are fletched with a regular right fletch arizona EZ fletch.

I would think it's a arrow brushing one side of the bristles more than the other, but at 30 yards my bare shaft is pretty darn close to my fletched shafts.

I'm starting to wonder if there is movement between the outer retaining ring of the disc, and the disc itself. Hmm..... anybody ever fool with that??