Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Help

Old 07-22-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Need Help

I bought a new switchback a couple of days ago. The "pro" measured me and installed a peep sight and nocking point. I went home and mounted my pse F-22 site and whisker bisquit on the bow and went to the range to try and site in. Every shot I took hit well before the target at only 20 yards. I lowered my top pin to its absolute lowest position and it still hit the dirt.Can a peep site be that far out of wack? I put my old bow over the new one and the only difference as far as attachment screws for the site, rest, etc. was the peep site location.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help

It may be your nocking point.... Did you install your whisker bisquit yourself?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 PM

I did install the whisker bisquet myself and measured the angle with an arrow when set in the nock at 90 degrees. to the string
Old 07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you for sure that you installed the whisker bisquit correct and the sights? Before i had my whisker bisquit installed correctly my arrows wasnt grooping good and it ate them up..
Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wheres your anchor?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes the peep can be off, you can also lower the site body. It does sound like you could be anchoring way to high on your face. I see that you are new her so please excuse me if I'm asking question that seem elementry. Start doing some research on a good anchor, time to become your own pro shop.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Close your eyes, draw the bow to your normal anchor. Open your eyes. You should be looking straight through the peep. If you're not, the peep is not in the right spot for you. I suspect the peep will be an inch or more under your eye when you do that test.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:10 AM

Arthur beat me to it.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the responses. I have bben achoring the same way for the 2 years now that I have been shooting. wen holding my release the "v" made by my index finger and thumb fit on either side of my chin and jawbone. I stopped using the sight this weekend and could shoot some decent groups at 20 yards. I just went out and did the eyes closed thing and as suspected when I opened them the peep was about an inch too low.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:04 PM

My form puts my peep very low compared to just about every other archer I know. Maybe it's bad form, but it's the way I shoot comfortably. That being said, I normally have to run the sight all the way down to it's lowest adjustment before I can get on target. The lower the peep, the lower the sight will have to be. I should try to learn to raise my peep a bit, but it never feels comfortable to me. But I think the other guys nailed the problems for you, and with a simple peep adjustment, you should be doing fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.