had a chance to test the new Wasp Sharpshooters yet? They look pretty neat. Thanks" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hey 5 Shot - Wasp Sharpshooter Test? >

Hey 5 Shot - Wasp Sharpshooter Test?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey 5 Shot - Wasp Sharpshooter Test?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Hey 5 Shot - Wasp Sharpshooter Test?

I was wondering if the broadhead testing guru had a chance to test the new Wasp Sharpshooters yet? They look pretty neat.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey 5 Shot - Wasp Sharpshooter Test?

Not yet, but I do plan to test them. Hopefully they will be out soon and I can get to them.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Well, I finally got my hands on some last week and I shot them today. The farthest I shot was 30 yards. They flew very well and grouped with my field points. I could not tell how penetration is since I use a Morrell Yellow Jacket and have yet to have a broadhead go through it. Neither did I test how tough they are since I don't want to destroy them. I am still waiting on some buzzcuts so I can test them with my setup. Looks like the Sharpshooters will be in my quiver this season so I can see how they perform in the field.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM

Have you tested these yet? I like them but I was wondering how they performed in your tests.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 shot----I have been using the Wasp Boss broadheads for a couple years now with great results,very accurate,sharp and durable-----BUT--was wondering what your tests have been on these heads and what your overall oppinion is on them.?

Sorry G2 Shooter for jumping on your post,but thought it would be appropiate as we are talking about Wasp broadheads---my appologies
Old 09-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well overall the Wasp heads have been excellent in my tests. At least the the hammers and bullets and jackhammers. Excellent quality and good blade sharpness. The older camlock design was good, but the blades were a little thin, I don't think many people are even shooting those now anyway. I do have the sharpshooter tests up on the website now, overall they did well.