Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Arrows Shaft? >

Which Arrows Shaft?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Arrows Shaft?

Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which Arrows Shaft?

I am looking to buy some new arrows for this year. Last year, I used some Carbon Express Terminator Hunters (6075 spine). They shot fine, but I might try something new this year just because. I am looking to get a bit lighter and quicker of an arrow. The Terminators are supposed to weight roughly 12.x grains per inch. I looked at the CX300's and they are down to 8 grains per inch. Also, I have heard about the Gold Tip XT Hunters and they are relatively cheap. What do you recommend?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Arrows Shaft?

Spend extra money and get the best arrows you can.

In the GT line I would look at the Pro series.

Take a good look at the ACC and ACSuperlims by Easton.

Yes they cost more but you get what you pay for when it comes to arrows
Old 06-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Fork Horn

ttt
Old 06-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot Gold Tip Hunter XT 5575 for probably 7 years now and they are very good arrows. They are 8.2gpi and very tough. I shot a rock from my tree stand once (It looked like a large upside down leaf) at the angle I was at it put a big flat spot on my target point and my arrow angled into the bank. I could not find anything wrong with the arrow and I used it for quite some time after that. I would Highly recomend the Gold Tip XTs.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I know alot of people that use Blackhawk Vapors and love them, I use the blackhawk vapor 5000 series and they are pretty cheap, you can pick them up for around 43.00 a doz. for shafts...
Old 06-19-2005, 05:31 PM

I used to shoot the gold ips but switched to the CX terminator hunter selects for better penetration, less noise, and more durability. This is the toughest shaft I have ever used.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

My first thought is suggesting that you don't go too light with that grains per inch of shaft measurement. Sometimes those carbon arrow size charts can be misleading. Just because the chart recommends a specific size because of the spine of the arrow does not necessarily mean that the finished arrow weight is going to be sufficient for you to shoot safely from the bow. Just my thoughts.

Second, I shot CE for several years and only had one problem the entire time. I switched from them more because of immediate availability rather than any specific problem with the shafts themselves. I have since switched to both Easton and Beman ICS carbons and have been entirely pleased with them thus far.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:11 PM

last year i used easton and vapors and they shot ok but i started to shooting gt pro series22's i love umm so for.