Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Traded my peep for a kisser. >

Traded my peep for a kisser.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Traded my peep for a kisser.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Traded my peep for a kisser.

I`ve shot with just a kisser for years and all my friends think I`m nuts. They will admit that I shoot good groups with my set-up and for hunting I find it far more natural a sight picture.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:45 PM

BGFisher,

Thanks, I have shortened the release. The knuckle I was putting behind my earlobe and is now in front of the lobe is the big index knuckle on my hand, not on my finger. Not sure if you were thinking the other way?

I have shot this three days now and every time I do, it feels more natural than the last. After shooting my hundred arrows today, (skipped work, ) I went to a friends and we kicked around a Nerf soccerball and shot it with judo points. I found it much easier to quickly sight and shoot than using the old peep.

I'm not having the trouble of looking too far or not around my string anymore, after 4-5 hundred shots, I'm not thinking about it much at all. After putting the kisser at the corner of my mouth, all I have to do is put the pin on the target. No more worrying about centering the pins in the peep.

I love it this way!

Kev
Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's what I do: put a small peice of electrical or duct tape on the edge of the riser, and when u see the string at full draw and not the tape, you know your at anchor.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:46 AM

Josh,
I'm a little confused, do you shoot right handed? Which side of the string are you looking on?

I shoot right handed, and look past the string on the right side, so I can see the string and the riser.

Thanks, Kev
Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right handed shooter. On the edge of my riser, i put a thin peice of duct tape above the sight. when I am at full draw, i line the string up with the tape. It works great, and is extremely accurate for me in combination of a kisser.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:21 AM

I'm right handed and look just past the left side of the string.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. Right handed, and look on the left side of the string. I line my string up with the riser.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 AM

I do something like Josh but use a piece of dental floss on my string and a little white dot on my riser. I don`t look at the floss I just seem to line them up naturally.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

I just switched to a release last summer, and my system is, kisser in corner of mouth, string touching nose, hand up on jaw bone, and then i line up the strings with the cables and let her fly. Sounds more complicated than it is, it feels natural to me. Ive never used a peep ever, so they seem foreign to me.