Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Traded my peep for a kisser. >

Traded my peep for a kisser.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Traded my peep for a kisser.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Traded my peep for a kisser.

Well, I went home yesterday and took the peep off of my bow string. I put on the kisser button and went out to shoot. Once I got it re-sighted in, I started to shoot about 4 inch groups at 20 yards.. NOT impressive. I continued to play around with different things. My old anchor point didn't touch the string to any part of my face, so things feel a little strange now. With the kisser in the corner of my mouth, I now have the string touching my nose, (this is a lower anchor point than the last 10 years) after shooting about 40 arrows, my groups started to shrink. At first I was getting horizontal stringing. All four arrows would be on a straight horizontal line about 1 inch apart from one another. Eventuallly, something just "clicked" and my arrrows started to "group." I can't explain it, but it started to feel natural with this thing and the last to groups that I shot last night were just over an inch with four arrows.

I'm stoked about this, because peep sights always bothered me. I can't wait to use this set-up on the hogs next month in Florida!

Kev
Old 06-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Traded my peep for a kisser.

went just the opposite way just about a month ago. went to a peep from a kisser that I have used since I got into archery. happy with the results. my groups are better, 3d scores higher, shots come faster. I have a no peep on now, and will be shooting it for the first time today. I like the concept and will see it it helps.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:06 AM

hoyt3,
That's interesting that you went the other way. I actually feel that I aquire my aim quicker with the kisser button. (go figure) When I use a peep, I'm always checking to see if the pin is in the center of the peep hole. With the kisser, I draw to the corner of my mouth and it's done.

After only an hour of shooting with the kisser button, my groups were as small, if not smaller than using the peep sight. I'm looking forward to seeing how the groups are after a couple of weeks.

Good luck with your NO-peep.

Kev
Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

See...I told ya, didn't I? Just curious, though, how did you anchor before?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 AM

Knuckle behind earlobe.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:51 AM

Congrats Mainhunter!! You must keep working on it to improve and just remember your string to pins alignment. Practice with your face mask on (if you wear one while hunitng) to see what effects it has on your shooting. Good luck
Old 06-07-2005, 11:13 AM

I tried it a couple of years ago, just couldn't get the hang of it.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:54 AM

I always had a problem aligning the pins in the center of my peep until I bought a sight with a round ring instead of square(Trophy Ridge). I then played with different size peeps until I found one that fit the diameter of the sight ring. Now I just make sure that the sight ring is in the peep and I know the pins are properly aligned. I will never own a square ringed sight again and it seems like round sight rings are the new rage anyway.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

maine,

Not trying to sound like a smarta$$ but I noticed "knuckle behind the earlobe" and "stringing left and right". These are indcative signs of a drawlength set too long. Being as it's still early in the year I would like to suggest you try shortening up a bit and see how much better you could shoot. It might not even be the bow that needs changed, but the length of the release, but I suspect it may be a combination of the two.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:10 AM

While shooting with just a kisser like I normally do, I'll sometimes start seeing impacts just to the left of center. I then know that I'm looking too far to the left of the string and then I'm right back into the center..

Quick Reply: Traded my peep for a kisser.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.