Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep vs. Kisser?? >

Peep vs. Kisser??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep vs. Kisser??

Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Peep vs. Kisser??

what do you guyssuggest iput on my new bow? i am unsure, i have heard good and bad for both.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep vs. Kisser??

i USE A KISSER BUT NO PEEP.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

I use both, sort of. I use a peep and I tie a ball of serving on the string to act as a small
kisser button. It makes a solid anchor for me.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:25 PM

I like just a peep. I would suggest to just try and see what you are comfortable with.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 PM

I have a peep sight and the kisser button. I think that way I have more of a constant anchor point
Old 07-18-2006, 01:01 PM

I'm a peep only guy. I use my knuckle and jaw for the second anchor point. But it gets into what you are comfortable with. I have buddies that have just kissers and both kissers and peeps. All are good shots.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 PM

thanks guys. on my old bow i had both a kisser and a peep. i think im gonna try shooting with just akisser for now... and if it doesn't work out ill get a peep. plus it will save me a couple dollars since i have a kisser that is sitting with my stuff. thanks again.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

i USE A KISSER BUT NO PEEP.
Same here! I use to be the other way around and use a peep and no kisser but the older i get the worse my eyes seem to get and i was having trouble seeing through the peep even though i used a big one especially in low light. I took the peep off about three years ago and never looked back. I'm just as accurate without a peep as i was with one out to about 40yds. I'm strickly a tree stand hunter and don't shoot past 30yds so the kisser works great for me especially in low light.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep just a peep for me to. Walt
Old 07-18-2006, 02:25 PM

A peep and a kisser button is redundant, you really don't need both. It just adds more weight to your string. And if you shoot at longer yardarges with a peep and try to center the pin in the peep your kisser button will not be in the same spot because you need to change your anchor point slightly to get the pin in the center of the peep. This will also happen with a single pin movable sight.

A peep is more accurate than a kisser in most cases, especially a smaller one. It actually helps you line up the pin and you can center the pin in the peep for more consistancy.

Kisser buttons don't really work that well if used incorectly anyway. Most put them in the corner of their mouths, which is not a consistant enough anchor. It should touch a tooth or something solid that you can't move from shot to shot. You can make your mouth move to the kisser button.

I can actually shoot alright without either, but I used a No Peep to train myself, then took it off. However I am more accurate with a peep, especially at longer distances.

Paul

Quick Reply: Peep vs. Kisser??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.