Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Peep or Kisser

Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep or Kisser

On most of the hunting DVD's i've got , most bowhunters use peep sights ... but today i noticed one guy using a kisser on my Drury Outdoors dreamseason DVD , how effective is the kisser compared to using a peep sight . Does anybody on here use a kisser alone ? and what are your thoughts .
Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep or Kisser

I use them both, even with a kisser you want a peep for sight alignment.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

it's all the same, it's all just there to make sure your knock point is the same everytime. thats why instinctive shooters have to shoot so much so its repetive.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have never used a peep. I do use a kisser button and I don't have any trouble hitting game animals. That said, I do not shoot any targets, 3D or anything like that, just hunt.

Jim
Old 02-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can use both, but it's not necessary. I've always used a peep and had very good accuracy. I used to shoot competitively so accuracy was first and foremost. The peep will give you this.

A kisser will not usually be quite as accurate, but can be pretty darn close.A determining factor can be how finely tuned your draw length is to your body size. Most people do not or have no idea how to optimize the bow's draw length to fit themselves properly. They usually have the draw length too long and drag a kisser button back to the corner of their mouth. This generally means that thedraw length is at least an inch too long. Using the kisser to touch between the front of the lips is much better because you don't have to contort your mouth to find the same spot all the time. Aiming is usually more solid also.

Optimizing the draw length allows foryou to develop more consistent, repeatable form and once you achieve this you may find you don't need either a kisser or a peep to get decent accuracy. A good example of this is Olympic style shooters. They shoot really well out to 90 meters (100 yards) and are not allowed to use a peep. But they have their form down to a Tee.

Kisser between the lips and nose on the string (string angle permitting) and you'll be able to drill anything.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just use a peep....
Old 02-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for he response andclearing that with me guys , as i plan on doing 3d at somepoint i'm gonna stick with ma peep for the foreseable future and leave the kissing for the ladies .
Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with todays bows and postive stop back walls both are really not necessary.

I use just a peep and feel that's a better system than just a kisser. The size of todays peeps are big enough that light through them is No longer the problem it was a few years ago when drilling them out was the norm. Used to 1/8" was a Big peep. I know shoot a 3/16" Meta peep, but 1/4" & 5/16" sizes are available.

Dan
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

I used to hunt with a peep, but recently I switched to a kisser button. The only problem I have with the kisser button is that I cannot feel it in the corner of my mouth when I am hunting with my facemask on. A facemask with a mouth opening fixes that problem. I had a lot of problems with the tube on my peep breaking, and I couldn't see as well through the peep in the early mornings and evenings when it was just starting to get light. I don't think you can really go wrong by picking one over the other. They both do the same thing--help you keep a constant anchor point.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you read Randy Ulmer's tips on accuracy, his one comment is that you should use a peep for the ultimate in accuracy. The kisser is a benefit too if you do not have a solid anchor point. If you do have a solid anchor then a kisser is not really necessary.
I used to use both but since I've been shooting more and more, I find the kisser not to be necessary. My anchor is the back of my hand behind my jaw. I've used this anchor so often that I can draw with my eyes closed and when I open them my eye is dead center in line with my peep.

Quick Reply: Peep or Kisser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.