Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Opinion on European Mounts >

Opinion on European Mounts

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Opinion on European Mounts

Old 07-01-2004, 09:08 AM

Default Opinion on European Mounts

What is everyone's opinion on the European style of mounting a deer head? Likes? Dislikes? For those of you that have had it done, do you wish you had done a regular mount?

Thanks for any replies
Old 07-01-2004, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Opinion on European Mounts

I like the european mounts and would probably go that route for most bucks. I think how a euro mount is displayed on a wood plaque is where allot of creativity can come into play. I've seen some that are fairly boring and others that really hit the mark.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:46 PM

i have a few that i did in my back yard in about 2 hours a peace and i believe they all look awesome.......the best part is the darn things are pretty much free except a couple hours of your time..

shootr
Old 07-30-2004, 06:19 AM

I hunted a deer tournament a few years ago and came in fourth place with a wide six point. Sense the deer wasn`t as big as some others I`ve killed I decided to do a european mount on it sense it did win me a couple hundred dollars and a european cost a ton less money than conventional mounts. I love it, it looks great, and takes up less wall space. I would recommend it if you haven`t got one. Good Luck and God Bless, Danny
Old 07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like Euro mounts, they offer a variety vs the traditional skull cap/wall plaque mount. Not all animals in my eyes are shoulder mount material, but I still like to display them. Either the skull cap or Euro can be done by yourself so the costs are minimal, like stated really just labor and satisfaction can be taken in your creation/handywork.

If you ever regret not shoulder mounting a Euro in the future for whatever reason, take a cape off a buck you or a buddy has harvested and viola. As long as the mount isn't subject to direct sunlight (bleeching outside) or you haven't put a lacquer on the antlers there should be no reason why it can be converted by a taxidermist.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:28 PM

Hi all
European style of mounting deer should take at least 10 days as long as your beatles are hungry. I think euro mounts are the center piece of your wall. They add a touch of class if you have a chance to get one done do it you wont regret it.