Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Dosent look right???? >

Dosent look right????

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Dosent look right????

Old 05-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dosent look right????

I'm not an expert on this but the deer does look out of whack. He looks kind sick! The first pic was hard to tell, but when you posted the other pics, the guy did an awful job. I'd say you owe him nothing, he owes you!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:47 PM

hey chris

looks like the guy is just starting out in the taxidermy field after about 10 or 15 heads he may get better you have to start some where just bad it was you he is learning on. the mount looks like he used to small of eyes they look sunk in and down to low in the orbit. nostrils out of line mouth looks like it is pulling from cavity,or maybe he didn't drill out channel for lips.ears look drumed.don't know what he perserved it with looks like he may have alum tanned it. don't be to hard on him. as for not paying him you can't do that if you made a deal so chaulk it up, as live and learn. that kind of job is what got me started in the business in 1976 i just started out doing my own and a few close friend and after about four years i started taking in a little along from other people by word of mouth.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW - That might be the worst looking mount I've every seen. I would print this post and show him some the replys.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

o
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 AM

thats a terible mount kick his A$%
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

ohh belive me i could ive been boxing for about 4 years lol... i was soo disapointed that i didnt really say much.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM

wow..Looks like someone failed to use reference photos lol. I'm sorry but that mount looks dead. Did you get to see samples of the guys work before you gave him your deer? It's a good idea to shop around for a good taxidermist and look at his work inthe showroom. I would suggest removing the antlers off this mount and get another taxi to remount with a new cape, or just have an antler mount done.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!!

Everyone else has pretty much said it all. But my first was never that bad, has this guy ever seen a deer before.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everyone else...Its baaddd.
Its probably too late for your friends phesant but do your brother a favor and retrivehis fish before its too late........
As far this deal goes,I wouldn't be happy about it, but its as much your fault for trusting him without seeingdisplys as it is his....
Having 4 years of boxing behind you should teach you this one thing, when you do confront him, keep calm and express yourself without over reacting..
I suggest you tell him how you feel about the job, print out this page so he knows hao others feel about his work and ask him to do it again.....
If he says No, tell him the deal is the trade is off,offer him his usuall down payment fee.....
At least you came out as the bigger person..Thats the most important part....
He won't long in the industry with workmanship like that.....
But one thing you don't need to find yourself in a fist fight,and getting prosected over that.
Believe me I now...Cause when the Judge finds out you have boxing skills he will throw the book at you especially over a matter like this....
Unless of course he says "IF YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME ,I'LL KILL YOU"
But make sure you have a recording of it....
I didn't......[:@]
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

o

Quick Reply: Dosent look right????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.