Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 congrats to matt/tn >

congrats to matt/tn

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

congrats to matt/tn

Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: congrats to matt/tn

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Thanks guys

It was definately a tough course. I shot one 8 my first day with three 12's. Putting me in 5th for the day. The second day was a much more difficult course. I was 6 up for the weekend with 5 targets to go and shot a STUPID 5. I put 44yds on a medium deer, broke on the center of the IBO 11 and shot him in the armpit [:-]. That target was EVERY bit of 48yds. Open A is a 45yd class [8D]. I didn't let that shot go, which was a stupid mistake, and I made a stupid shot on the next target and shot an 8 just left of the 12. (Pulling too hard). At this point I was 1 down for the weekend, and knew I was pissing it away. Lol. [&:]. I regained my bearings and shot 10 12 10 on my last three. I was VERY frustrated walking off the range, knowing that I had blown a probable top 5 finish. Turns out, everyone else thought the course was tough too. [8D].

I shot 3 arrows out of the ten ring for the weekend. I only managed 5 twelves I think. I was around them on many occasions just not close enough.

I'm skipping Texas (too expensive) and then I'll be going to the rest of them.

Yeah Todd, if I'm not careful I'll be shooting Semi Pro next year [:-]

Ill be honest though, my goal is to move up. I would have finished 5th in Semi this weekend had I have been shooting that class. They shoot the same ranges we do.
Good shooting Matt. Hattieburg is always a fun shoot. I screwed up bigtime and mis set my sight ten yards.(Finished 18th in Senior pros.) Dumb mistake that took me out of the money there. Sorry you wont be in Paris. Looks like its going to be a wet one again. After Paris it will Metropolis for me next. Good luck the rest of the year. Open A a tough class.
DB
Old 03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: congrats to matt/tn

I might be going to Texas now. I just found out I won't be able to go to Augusta. Freaking prom....[:@]

I'm trying to come up with the funds (which is tough for me to do right now)

Who knows, I'm "trying" to go though, I have someone that wants to go and is willing to drive.