Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 congrats to matt/tn >

congrats to matt/tn

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

congrats to matt/tn

Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default congrats to matt/tn

Looks like matt did some mighty fine shooting on what I understand to have been a really tough course in Mississippi.The scores reflect that as well.He shot a 401 and finished 4rth in open A.That is a tough class and to shoot up and finish 4rth is quite an accomplishment.

Matt is still a teenager so the future is looking bright in the archery world for him.Keep up the good work.

1 more top 10 and a few more bucks and we will see you shooting semi pro.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: congrats to matt/tn

Congrats Matt.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys

It was definately a tough course. I shot one 8 my first day with three 12's. Putting me in 5th for the day. The second day was a much more difficult course. I was 6 up for the weekend with 5 targets to go and shot a STUPID 5. I put 44yds on a medium deer, broke on the center of the IBO 11 and shot him in the armpit [:-]. That target was EVERY bit of 48yds. Open A is a 45yd class [8D]. I didn't let that shot go, which was a stupid mistake, and I made a stupid shot on the next target and shot an 8 just left of the 12. (Pulling too hard). At this point I was 1 down for the weekend, and knew I was pissing it away. Lol. [&:]. I regained my bearings and shot 10 12 10 on my last three. I was VERY frustrated walking off the range, knowing that I had blown a probable top 5 finish. Turns out, everyone else thought the course was tough too. [8D].

I shot 3 arrows out of the ten ring for the weekend. I only managed 5 twelves I think. I was around them on many occasions just not close enough.

I'm skipping Texas (too expensive) and then I'll be going to the rest of them.

Yeah Todd, if I'm not careful I'll be shooting Semi Pro next year [:-]

Ill be honest though, my goal is to move up. I would have finished 5th in Semi this weekend had I have been shooting that class. They shoot the same ranges we do.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Matt. A buddy of mine shoots Open A and shot a 5 on that same target. It got quite a few of the shooters. That was definitely a tough shoot. Congrats again.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

You learned a valuable lesson,always shoot the targets for what they are,not what they are supposed to be.

AND,shoot each shot as if it is the first shot.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

Congrats Matt. A buddy of mine shoots Open A and shot a 5 on that same target. It got quite a few of the shooters. That was definitely a tough shoot. Congrats again.
Who's your buddy?

How'd you shoot?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

You learned a valuable lesson,always shoot the targets for what they are,not what they are supposed to be.

AND,shoot each shot as if it is the first shot.
Todd, I'll be honest with you, I didn't see it for that. Had it been a 50yd class, it would have been a 5 either way. I figured out early on that it was going to be that way. My first target I shot for 47yds, and hit behind the pin.

It was like that all weekend, they might as well just say 50yd max.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was like that all weekend, they might as well just say 50yd max

Naaah,if it were a 50 yard class,you would be shooting targets for 52-53 yards.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Matt, Good Shooting!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

John Stone is his name. He said it was the hardest course he had ever shoot in the ASA.

I did alright in the sims. Finished tied for 3rd. Yardage killed me on Saturday and finished 14 down. Then on Sunday I was not feeling well and had a hard time holding steady. Just not a good weekend as far as my shooting but I had a good time as usual.

Quick Reply: congrats to matt/tn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.