Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Matt, you were right about the TT >

Matt, you were right about the TT

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Matt, you were right about the TT

Old 02-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Matt, you were right about the TT

Today I started having problems with my TT. I am not exactly sure where they started or why they are happening.

For the past month I havn't had any fletch contact, atleast that I could tell of. Well, I was just down shooting and for some reason, I am getting fletch contact. I am not exactly sure what it is from. I don't believe it is from the cables as I have been shooting with the cock vane out. But, everytime I shoot now, the fletchings will get wrinkled! Everything on th rest is tightened down and hasn't moved! It is almost like the rest is dropping slower now and my fletchings are hitting it. Maybe because for awhile there (when I tuned the bow) I had it set at around 68# and now it is maxed out?

For those of you that don't know, I have the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter served into my cable slide instead of the down buss cable. I was trying to see if it would work, and I guess today showed me that it doesn't!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Matt, you were right about the TT

Buck if you have seen my posting's on setting up your Trophy Taker you wouldn't be having this problem .The down stroke cable is where you need to serve it properly.

nubo
Old 02-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the rest is mounted to the cable slide, The cable slide might be more prone to sticking or hanging up a little, be it grime , wax, water etc, The cable is much more consistant than the cable slide. I have seen people have the same sort of problem.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:15 PM

Elk,

Yep, Matt told me that after I got it set-up and I figured that I would test it out for awhile and see how it did. It worked great for awhile, but today I started noticing these changes, but the rest wasn't loose or anything, so it has to be associated with the cord being tied into the slide.