Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Northwest GSP Breeders

Old 02-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Northwest GSP Breeders

Hello Hunters --

I'll be looking to get a shorthair pup this June, and I want be sure I go through a reputable breeder. I'm in the Spokane area, but am willing to travel throughout WA/OR/ID for the right dog and a good breeder.

Do any of you guys/gals on this board have experience or recommendations with excellent breeders in my neck of the woods?

Many Thanks,
Buster
Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Northwest GSP Breeders

Have you ever seen the magazines "Gun Dog" or "Pointer" (not sure if that's the whole name for the second one). Some Wal-Marts carry Gun Dog so you might look there. Anyways, they usually have ads in the back section and I think there are some reputable breeders in there. Bought my first dog from one of the ads and couldn't be happier. Maybe there will be a breeder out west with an ad.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:18 PM

I was just at www.fieldtrialnews.com and there was a guy in ID that was advertising a litter that is do in March. I don't know the guy at all, but you can check out his web site and see what you think.

Terry
Old 02-18-2005, 10:12 PM

I would look to the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association Website. There are lots of NAVDHA breeders around those areas. If willing to go a little more Midwest, even more breeders.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:44 PM

I have a GSP that is amazing. (granted I am bias) but we purchased here through Robert And Denise Greene in Bothel. They are members of the GSP club of western WA. There are a few other breeders I have found in the area but none quite as good that I have run accross. (Either the dogs are hunters with bad conformation or bad hunter good confirmation.) They have great socialization as pups, all had excellent confirmation, plus Lady has held a steady point since 3 months. We hardly had to do anything to teach her to hold it and not break. It is also nice he and his wife keep track of all their pup, their health, and hold 3-4 training days per year where pups come back and he helps the owners get them started on live birds. I would 100% recomend him. you can e-mail me at [email protected] for more infor and his contact information.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Thanks to all of you for your input. I sure appreciate it.
Buster
Old 03-02-2005, 10:44 AM

here is the breeder's e-mail:

[email protected] -Robert and Denise Greene
Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without a doubt, the finest GSPs I've seen around her are from Dunfur kennels (in Cheney).
Dan Hoke and his wife are the owners. Their website is at www.dunfur.com
Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

There are some real good GSP out there but take you time and look them over. Check breeding and see the parents.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Doc E,

Thanks for the great info. I emailed Mr. and Mrs. Hoke, but have yet to hear back from them. Their site is incredible though - the dogs pictured are gorgeous, not to mention some very impressive awards won. Thanks again.