Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
What can poison your dog in the field... >

What can poison your dog in the field...

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What can poison your dog in the field...

Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Spike

My lovely dog Jester is dead due to food poisoning, after examine veterinarian said he had eaten spoil mushroom. However Jester’s dead hurt me a lot.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
leaking coolant . Dogs love that stuff.
Ole Mac drank that stuff but he ended up being ok. I miss Mac dog.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent info all. Thanks for the posts.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Banned

Thanks for the information, Dan! i do know I've scan of these before, however a friendly reminder never hurts! And thanks for the poison hotline. i will write it on the within of Zoomies ending kit.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sproulman, where is all this poisoning of dogs going in PA on by coyote trappers? By your screen name I would guess around Sproul state forest somewhere. If something like that was going on it is usually on the news and the PGC would be aware of it. In addition, meat does not have to be prevented from freezing in a trapping set, coyotes noses can smell meat and lure if it is fresh or frozen. Meat soaked in anti freeze would smell like antifeeeze, not meat. I am having a hard time believing what you are selling. There is no doubt, antifreeze will kill dogs and any other animal, however your post seems a bit far fetched to believe since there is no reason to prevent meat in a coyote set from freezing. Moost times rumors are nonsense, I suspect this is one of those times. The best approach is not to pass on rumors.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-17-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Sproulman, where is all this poisoning of dogs going in PA on by coyote trappers? By your screen name I would guess around Sproul state forest somewhere. If something like that was going on it is usually on the news and the PGC would be aware of it. In addition, meat does not have to be prevented from freezing in a trapping set, coyotes noses can smell meat and lure if it is fresh or frozen. Meat soaked in anti freeze would smell like antifeeeze, not meat. I am having a hard time believing what you are selling. There is no doubt, antifreeze will kill dogs and any other animal, however your post seems a bit far fetched to believe since there is no reason to prevent meat in a coyote set from freezing. Moost times rumors are nonsense, I suspect this is one of those times. The best approach is not to pass on rumors.
I doubt that you'll get an answer from him, as he hasn't even logged onto the site in 1 /1/2 years!
Old 06-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I reckon you are right, I never looked at the date.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I reckon you are right, I never looked at the date.
Blame it on the newbie first time poster that brought a thread out of the archives like more and more seem to be doing!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanx for the reminder.

One of my Dogs overdosed on Grapes, he went stiff as a board and looked like a stand up stuffed toy. Took hours at the Vet filling him up with infusions, trying to dilute the sugar. We put almost three quarts in him and he is only around 20 pounds. He seemed none the worst for wear afterwards, but it was touch and go there for awhile.

I've had all of my dogs go into convulsions eating Walnuts. I suspect they eat some of the hulls and some of the shell along with the nut meat. I believe the Tannin is what gets them.

You can't watch them 24/7 but you have to try.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
Spike

Thanks for sharing this useful information and I really appreciate your hard work. But yes you are right, we must take care of all the things which poisonous for them.

Thanks Dan for sharing the Pet Poison Helpline. I am very grateful to you for updating these tips.Also you can take the help from http://britishgrit.com/. They also helps in updating the most crucial things which should be known by everyone, specially for those who love pets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.