HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What can poison your dog in the field...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Sproulman, where is all this poisoning of dogs going in PA on by coyote trappers? By your screen name I would guess around Sproul state forest somewhere. If something like that was going on it is usually on the news and the PGC would be aware of it. In addition, meat does not have to be prevented from freezing in a trapping set, coyotes noses can smell meat and lure if it is fresh or frozen. Meat soaked in anti freeze would smell like antifeeeze, not meat. I am having a hard time believing what you are selling. There is no doubt, antifreeze will kill dogs and any other animal, however your post seems a bit far fetched to believe since there is no reason to prevent meat in a coyote set from freezing. Moost times rumors are nonsense, I suspect this is one of those times. The best approach is not to pass on rumors.
I doubt that you'll get an answer from him, as he hasn't even logged onto the site in 1 /1/2 years!