Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 How does one find good breeders? >

How does one find good breeders?

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

How does one find good breeders?

Old 11-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How does one find good breeders?

What I did was alot of phone calls getting a hold of different breeders. Asking them for some reffrences and making a few contacts with them. Also asked what they had in line of shows and if they told me they can show and hunt and do everything I walked away from them. I am not saying some kennels do not raise both of them as alot of them do. But if one dog can do both then sorry for them. I also realize you get what you pay for so be carefull selecting. The black lab was the number one bred dog in the US last year so make sure you have a good gaurantee. Also make sure they have good health standards as, some breeders will have a standard to help insure that bad blood does not get bred. Most importantly take your time when picking out your pup. Good Luck.

A friend of minewas going tohave alitter of English Setter pups that was in American Field and hunted well. Had the pups sold or though he thought. When the litter came she had six pups and all died except for 2 of them. He had a very hard time selling them. So becarefull !!