Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to Find A Good Bow Technician >

How to Find A Good Bow Technician

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to Find A Good Bow Technician

Old 09-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to Find A Good Bow Technician

I have recently repicked up archery and I am loving every minute of it. My problem is thatI do not have much confidence in the shop where I bought my bow. I love the bow (Hoyt PowerTec) and my rest (Whisker Bisquit QS), but I worry about how it was all set up and tuned. The man who owns the shop just made a few measurements with a tape measure and then had me shoot a few arrows while he looked over my shoulder and declared my bow tuned! I have had another shop look at the bow to make sure that it was put together correctly and they assured me that it was - but I honestly did not feel like they gave it much attention.

So, here is my question - I read all of these great posts about technicians using the newest high tec gear to make sure that bows are tuned correctly and I want to know how to find one of those guys!!! I live in Denver, CO- any suggestions on how I find a good tech to work on my bow? I really want to make sure that I am giving myself every opportunity to shoot my best.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to Find A Good Bow Technician

Best one can be found looking into a mirror.It's a life long pursuit and can't be accomplished as quickly as all that.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How to Find A Good Bow Technician

nodog is correct and with a little well invested money, you will be able to do better than those shops, read this thread. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1684829