Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Opinions on electronic collars >

Opinions on electronic collars

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Opinions on electronic collars

Old 11-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Opinions on electronic collars

I have a sport dog sd 2000 and love it! Its the first one ive ever owned so i cant say its the best but it works really well for me
Old 11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Everyone I know who trains dogs uses Dogtra or Tritronics. Spend a little more a get a quality unit.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 PM

I personally use tri-tronics, and dogtra. I feel thetri-tronics has served me better, because the only problem i have ever had was the charger, The dogtra has shut down on me in numerous situations, when super cold outside. I was halfway interested in sport dog, but everytime that i have seen them displayed or talked about the representative never had a dog to display with the collar. Tri-tronics and dogtra reps always had a dog. So i feel they can talk all they want, show me something while working a dog. These examples were at retriever hunt test, so we got land and water. Show me why?? I am not against the collars, I think they will work fine, have not heard anything bad. But have not used on any of my dogs. Thanks Jonesy
Old 12-05-2005, 07:16 PM

Tri-Tronics G2 is the way to go. Waterproof, easy to use and charge. Check out huntemup.com! Call him for any specials. I have had Innotek and a couple older versions of the Tri-Tronics and the G2 is the way to go.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

I was considering the Innotek Contain and Train system for its versatility in keeping my 1 year old lab in the yard and also for use in the field. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm on a budget so I need to keep things as cheap as possible so I can't afford 2 separate systems...
Old 12-13-2005, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

I just found out that my $80 sportdog bark collar is basically disposable. The battery is encased in metal & plastic. My ecollar I orderthat was sentUSPS Priority mail is still stuck at the distribution center about 50 miles away from me. It's going on three weeks now and counting. Dog pee'd on the carpet twice. She kept me up allnightwith barking every hour at the trees in the yard. Neighbors are accusing my dog of crapping on their yard which is totally bogus. Dog crap is from a much smaller dog and I always have her on leash outside. It's prolly their own dog.

Oh well, I had a bad day.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 AM

I know what your feeling right now. I live in the middle of suburbia and neighbors can be fickle things. It is easier to point the finger at somebody else instead of the person in the mirror. In this case it's not the person, but the dog.

As a suggestion, have you tried to call the delivery service (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS) and find out what the hold up is? I know that I've driven to distribution centers and picked things up because it was faster and easier for me to do that than wait to co-ordinate a delivery.

Good luck.