Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Tasty Turkey

Old 09-10-2005, 03:39 PM

Default RE: Tasty Turkey

here in west oz the only turkey you can find is in somebodys fowl house or in the freezer section at the supermarket.
Phamer if you read close enough he says west australia not western united states

Old 10-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hoppastoppa

you guys are lucky havin wild turkey to shoot and eat.here in west oz the only turkey you can find is in somebodys fowl house or in the freezer section at the supermarket.limited sport either way.enjoy your turkey i will have to stick to marinated kangaroo steak and apricot rabbit.

But you have tons of HOGS!!! Love that!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds good Charlie! Gone-a have to try it!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 AM

hungryhuntergirl

I love your signature!

I'm looking for very good deer jerky recipes.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 AM

Hello Charlie P. & MicArcher, I also am a "local" hailing from Sayre.
Small world....
Love them spiedies.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:02 AM

I know this has nothing to do with turkey recipes, but it seemed like an appropriate place to post this. Check out www.missingturkey.com for a cartoon about eating turkey. Takes a minute to load.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:45 AM

Great recipies!! Something we like to do with turkey, especially when we have friends coming over for playing cards and what not, it to cut a turkey breast up in small cubes, fill a gallon freezer bag with a mixture of flour and Lawrys seasoning salt, coat the cubes then deep fry. Great party food!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:30 PM

Default RE: spiedies

Are there many Greeks in your area? The reason I say so is, in Astoria, Queens in NYC, a mostly greek neighborhood, there are a few grill carts selling kabobs which sound and are served just like yours. They sell lamb, beef, and chicken. I love'em and am looking forward to trying out your reciepes. Thanks for posting them.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks, now im hungry!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a seasonal turkey recipe for all of you. If you're ucky enough to find some morel mushrooms (I always do!) Saute' some wild turkey cutlets (breaded and fried in butter works best) Take the out of the pan and drain on paper towels. Throw the morels into the pan and fry well. Salt and pepper to taste, a squeeze of lemon and a little sour cream or heavy cream and stir. Add the cutlets and serve with your favorite sides(wild asparagus would be good) I personally can't wait!

Quick Reply: Tasty Turkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.