Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Old 01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

[quote]ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Many christians think by forcing their views on others that they are helping. When it actuality they are pushing these individuals further away.

Hey everybody,
I am formerly from WV and I can tell you that REM1100 represents exactly 0% of many of the hunters and friends that I still have there and get to see on occasion.
If it is imparitive that christians assemble together one day a week (for some of them--to promote their own hypocrisy) then are we left to assume that people who, for one reason or another (perhaps they lived in the wilderness 200 years ago or they live now and have to work on Sundays or they're bedfast) can not meet, do not fit the bill and would be considered to have their redemption in jeopardy.
Before I left WV the new governor passed an amendment to end the ban on Sunday hunting--which was great as I worked and lived three hours from where I hunted.
There was then such an outcry, mostly from the self acclaimed morally superior church goers, that it was left up to the counties to decide if they would oppose the new amendment (thus re-instating the ban) or not. The ban was then reinstated by all counties except for a few. And who were the ramrods that revoked the hunters rights?--Mainly it was those same church goers ---and I know a lot of hunters go to church--I'm sure they (church going hunters that voted to relinquish their own rights) either did not enjoy hunting as much anymore or were morally brow beaten by the rest of the congregation. One additional idiotic reason was some were told the guns would be too loud and disrupt services
This made most hunters I know furious that they were not even given a choice whether to go hunting or go to heaven (grin). I think that it is awful that churches would not even stand beside hunters (as two often challenged and ridiculed groups who share a lot of the same basic values) in this important issue. I hope there is never an amendment to start taxing religious organizations---b/c I'll vote dam right. I'm sorry if it seems like this makes me mad--It makes me furious---I believe in god--but I do not believe in organized religion and its a shame, b/c those practicers of org religion are the same ones that keep me away.

Thanks
HB

In the meantime REM1100--I suggest you get a new job (one where you can have sundays off) or your goin strait to hell
Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

hey united, talk about focusing, try this one on for size. many, many years ago to help pass away the time while on stand, i figured out a couple of things, and they were that 1) it took me roughly 45 minutes to recite the rosary while on stand, 2) after the second time around legal hours were most likely over with, and 3) whenever those dang critters would come by it was harder then hell to concentrate on whether i had said 9 or 10 beads, and would have to start over, lol. but it helps me to control any( ok most) aspects of buck fever that i get, concentrating on the completion. especially if i could only hear them and not see them, lol.
Pat
Old 01-11-2005, 07:37 PM

I pray every sunday that I am hunting that a big buck will stop in front of my stand.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:48 PM

---I believe in god--but I do not believe in organized religion and its a shame, b/c those practicers of org religion are the same ones that keep me away.

Thanks
HB

In the meantime REM1100--I suggest you get a new job (one where you can have sundays off) or your goin strait to hell
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys lets save the rough talk and not forget where we are here.

I moved to Md from Louisiana over 20 yrs ago and remember being APPALLED at no hunting on Sunday. But times changed and I got used to it.
Also when I moved up here, the season was 7 days and a 1 deer limit.
There was no such thing as bow season and black powder was what Danial Boone shot. Now the seasons run from Sept to March with unlimited kills. I'm not a vote against Sunday hunting, I would vote for it, but I can't see that the Lack of has hurt me a great deal.
To be fair though I do have a more flexible schedule than most.

Just my .02 cents and yall have .98 coming to ya
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have never had to put up with any thing like this.I do know that I would be very well know if I lived in a state that did not let you hunt on sunday.I would get tickets for sure!!!!!

Just wonder HOW much is the fine?

I can tell you I will hunt on sunday and will NO matter where I have to move to.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:35 PM

[quote]Sept to March with unlimited kills

WHERES THAT AT?
not in va. our bow starts in october and gun is out the first sat. of january for the majority of the state.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I enjoy most peoples comments and hey some may even change my opinion on something but I think it's kinda getting childish with all the negitivity among fellow hunters.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:49 PM

http://www.courts.state.va.us/scv/am...b2_050800.html

its a 80 dollar fine to hunt on sundays according to the law
Old 01-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

TY VA head hunter

sounds like I would spend at least $320 a year to hunt. I know guys that spend that much every hunting trip.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.