Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans >

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

Old 01-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Sunday hunting bans

and rem i mean dude do you even see how you look when you post the things you post? i may not agree with same sex marraiges and all that but i mean are the gay people humpin in your livin room? didnt think so so give it a rest. if gays and lesbians want to be together then whatever it doesnt affect my life none so who am i to give a damn. unless you have some serious homophobic issues. or security issues. or maybe your just so good looking that your afraid they may hit on you. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no but really none of us have the right to force religion on anyone and this country has open the borders for hundreds of years to all races and religions and thats why we have the country we have

im not sure if we agree or disagree but either way you'll make no ass of me! and by no means do i care to get into a pissin match with you over the issue cause either way im right in my mind set like it or not! BUT:

as far as im concerned morality issues of whether it is ok for me to hunt or not on sunday have no place in the hunting community!

1) the people that make these laws have no friggin morals period!

2)yes!,,i do have serious homophobic issues

3) no!,,,im not that good lookin

4) this is where we might or might not agree,,,Im for whatever i want to do,,,i ask nothin of no one,,,i ask for permission from no one,,, laws were made to be broken,,,if i wanna hunt on sunday,,,i hunt it's that simple

now as for you,,,if your either gay or lesbian i meant not to step on your feet,,,all i was tryin to say is simply this:

IM FOR SUNDAY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 PM

i think everyone will agree that you dont need anyone to make you look like an ass as you previouslly stated. you do a good job doing it yourself. even though we both agree that hunting on sunday should be legal its peopole like you with the lets do what we want attitude that ruins it for the rest of us. laws are in place for a reason or wait if your good enough to break them and hunt on sunday then that means we should be able to cross on to your posted property and hunt right? i want to see the ban lifted and thats what this post is about. if you are going to hunt sundays anyways then fine have fun and since you are doing so then why are you even responding to this post? and no i am far from being gay but judgemental people just suck nomatter what they are saying.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I am for sunday hunting,but do not agree with breaking laws to do so. In south carolina you can hunt on sunday on private land, but not on public land. This does not make much sense but it is a law until it is changed.The only property I live on is where my house is and it is a small lot.I joined a hunt club so that I can take the opportunity to hunt on sunday.I obey all the game laws no matter how foolish they may seem.I try to teach my children to do the same.If I am out poaching on private property or hunting during sunday bans how can I be a responsible sportsman or parent.Here in South Carolina it is getting more difficult to hunt on private land ,because of some of these rules being broken.As hunters we need to respect the landowners.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:46 PM

the idiots that have that attitutude are the ones that screw it up and are the reason for stiffer laws and why the game wardens get harder to deal with out in the field.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:05 AM

If you guys would stay on track with the issue you might see a bigger plot going on in this country. Yes some of the Sunday bans on hunting may have started due to religion but if you watch what the antis are trying to do across the country you will see they are trying to exploit laws like this to eliminate hunting. First it is a ban on Sunday because they want to enjoy the woods without fear of being shot. Then and this is already happening they close off the roads and trails to everything other than walking due to erosion of course. How far would you drag a deer? Then they will eliminate firearms all together because it is not safe for the naturalist in the woods any longer. But that can't happen right we will just sit there in denial until the only hunting you will do is on your PC or Xbox. Did I mention that we do not own a lot of our federal lands any longer.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:46 PM
SBR

I was an ignorant western when I moved to the Mid Atlantic. I've been arrested for hunting and trying to register deer on Sunday. Even though I have graduate degrees in abstract subjects, I guess I am illiterate, or maybe it was the 30 years of hunting ,trapping, and fishing on Sunday after church that through me off - actually I checked the traplines before church, and may have inadvertently taken game before also. God bless the western half of this great nation. I am religious, and believe that everyone should take up the cross, drop the yoke and follow Jesus. A great part of Christian belief is meditation on the Lord's word. I've found that deer hunting provides a great opportunity for this. While reading or rather glancing through all the posts on this subject - either I didn't notice or missed a post on a solution to this problem. If my count is right, currently there are 13 states in the East and South that disallow hunting on Sunday. If it started as a blue law or not, it is and will spread west - most people don't hunt. It’s an attractive ballot action - many people feel threatened by hunters in the fall even if they don't leave their cars or are on Nation Park property. Hunters need a strong organization to take a stand on this issue - for all of us, even the western hunters. State PACs I don't believe are a solution for this issue - lessons learned are lost to easily. Most likely the NRA is the solution but do they know that this issue exists? In any case keep the Lord first; this issue shouldn't be a conundrum for a Christian.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:51 PM
SBR

The goal of life is eternal life, not to gain the distinction of shooting the most squirrels. Always remember the goal.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: unitedmethodistpreacherman

Remember Christ came to challenge and change the Law.

Hey wait a sec... Matthew 5:17-18 "Think no that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

As far as sunday hunting, as most here have said, It should be a personal choice, or at least not influenced by religion.