Dogs in the woods everywhere >

Dogs in the woods everywhere

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dogs in the woods everywhere

Old 11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Dogs in the woods everywhere

so I get home from work in time to hit the woods this evening, I noticed dog prints in my trail on my way to my spot .... anyhow I hadn't sit there 10 minutes when the dogs came up the swamp across from me. Then right at the best part of the evening some man aparently feels like his dogs understands what a truck horn is and lays on his horn to call the dogs, talk about annoying. even though he was a long ways away he sounded close because of it being so calm and quiet outside. I knew I wasn't gonna see a thing today, It makes me wonder if they hiked those dogs through my property when they knew I wasn't there
Old 11-16-2004, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Dogs in the woods everywhere

See that what i'm talking about road hunters. if you got rid of them deer dog runners have a better rep. but i guess if they couldn't ruin it with deer dogs they ruin it with something else.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:04 PM

if you got rid of them deer dog runners have a better rep.
is it just me or is there something wrong with that?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:12 PM

Kinda confusing, aint it?
Old 11-17-2004, 08:49 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

makes perfect sense to me. Around here you have two kinds of people running dogs. the ones who go out with the dogs and work them, and the pinheads who drive down the road, dump the dogs out and then drive up and down the road calling and searchin for their stupid dogs a few hours later.

There's an old man who runs the dogs at the WMA where I hunt. Those dogs are amazing. they obey commands like you wouldn't believe. That indicates that he does a lot of work with them.

on another piece of land I hunt in a state park, I run into a group of guys who look like they came off the set of deliverance. Their dogs don't listen and the guys don't work the dogs , they just turn them loose and hope they will run something up for them.

Big difference.

David
Old 11-18-2004, 09:31 AM

david,
that exactly what i was saying, the only time you should ever have a problem with a dog is when its young and if you train it right you can fix that but it all takes time. I just can't stand road hunters. I love to deer hunt with dogs but there is a big difference. some people think that all the people that run dogs are the same. there are two different breeds.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 PM

The only type I have ever seem in my area of Halifax Co. is the road hunter. In 25 yrs of huntingI have never seen a hunter with their dogs while deer hunting. They don't even call the dogs, they just let them run and the try yo stay ahead of them in their trucks. I had some dogs come on to my property from a lease across the highway and never once did any of the guys, out by their truck on the side of the road, make any attempt to call their dogs when they clearly wenet on posted property. They where just hoping to have the dogs run the deer out to them, lew my opening day out of the water. I just hope the buck I had been hunting is still around. I like to see the other type of deer dog hunter, but I never will around these parts.