Snakes in the South while huntin >

Snakes in the South while huntin

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Snakes in the South while huntin

Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 AM

Default RE: Snakes in the South while huntin

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

Heck,here in Fla. we don't have to worry bout snakes, the Gators eat them all.[][&:]
That is great! Honestly, I have rarely came across an Eastern Diamondback while hunting. I have came across many Pigmy's and a few Cotton Mouths though. I hate snakes but I do not let them ruin my hunts. In my part of FL it rarely gets cold enough through any season to make them hibernate so I always have to watch for them! And Gators in the wild are not really a threat. It is the ones in town you have to worry about. I hunt the Everglades and see big gators everywhere they usually try to avoid you!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:19 AM

They're still a few diamondback around in SW Central Fl...this one was in Greenswamp East Diamondback

But I see a lot more Cottonmouths and Gators You don't have to be close to water for the Gators either...I've almost stepped on them when not drop of water around.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I was woried about that.That is where I hunt.

Chuck

Were those pictures taken from the Green Swamp?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:58 PM

All but the cotton mouth..he lives next door in Richloam which is eat up with cotton mouth as is The Baird Unit next door to it.
I very seldom see water moccaisons or any poisionus snakes in Greenswamp East..so many hogs in there where I hunt they keep them ate up.
That diamondback was the only one I've ever seen in Greenswamp..he almost crawled in my lap when I was sitting down calling gobblers..came up from behind me was less than a foot away from my outstretched right leg and his head was even with my knee when I saw him. I don't even see any pygmy rattlers in Greenswamp East....Toso. and Seminole Ranch are eat up with them.