Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 This snakes done took up huntin' ..... >

This snakes done took up huntin' .....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This snakes done took up huntin' .....

Old 08-11-2003, 08:07 PM

Default This snakes done took up huntin' .....

Hey Folks,

First let me say that I' m new here, and I Think this forum is the coolest thing since
sliced bread....

I heard a wierd story over the weekend and was wondering if anyone had ever heard of anything like it. A buddy of mine saw a guy in the woods who was there to retrieve a lock-on treestand that he had hunted a couple of years ago. When
he climbed up to the stand he was face to face with a copperhead. This of course shocked the #$*+@ out of him and he fell out. My buddy said he was bruised up and a little bloody but pretty much O.K. []

Anyone ever found a snake in their treestand?[X(]

Thanks,

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->

Old 08-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: This snakes done took up huntin' .....

Never in/on my treestand but working for a telephone company, I have found them in telephone cable terminals up poles. Come to think about it, they were probably after the birds, mice, squirrels, that call some of those terminals home. Snakes are known for being good climbers.

Think about that the next time you hear static on your line....don' t blame the poor phone guys, too many variables out there.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:12 PM

I don' t want to discredit his ID on that snake, but Copperheads aare not very good climbers. But the Pine snake is a very capable climber. We have an old storage building on the farm with rough cut lumber. I went in one day to startle a Pine snake. He scooted across the floor and went straight up the board wall and over to the room on the other side. By the time I got over there, he had disappeared. I' ve watch them climb a tree as fast as they move on the ground.
Russ
Old 08-12-2003, 03:45 AM

I believe it was a snake. I dont believe it was a copper head. More likely a rat snake. They love to climb trees and often have a orangeous red coloration similar to a copper head. I had several invade my dads box blinds a few years ago. Nothing like setttling in for a nice relaxing hunt, lookin up and seeing a 5 ft. rat snake coil coiled up on the rafter 2 ft. from your head.[][][][X(]
Old 08-12-2003, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would die with any snake in my stand......[]
Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 AM

geez...one more thing for me to be paranoid about!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I also doubt it was a copperhead, heck I have never seen one in a tree. In regards to a snake bothering me.... heck I like catching them, I have even caught a timber rattler before, I have never caught a copperhead though, they are to ornery to mess with, however I will admit that if the situation were right I would sure try and catch one.

Huntma its just a snake, whats the big deal?
Old 08-12-2003, 05:27 AM
nub

The only good snake,.........[:@]
Old 08-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

...however I will admit that if the situation were right I would sure try and catch one.
haha, Taz that' s too funny!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

coolbrze the reason I have never tried to catch a copperhead is every time I have ever run into one it was either in a brushpile or a fence line. Not enough room to maneuver.

Quick Reply: This snakes done took up huntin' .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.